Click for Mag Bay Click for Abeking Click for Abeking Click for Mulder Click for Nordhavn

1961 Steel Roamer - Kentucky

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer: Buy/Sell/Trade' started by 61RoamrLORIKAY, Feb 16, 2011.

1. 61RoamrLORIKAY

61RoamrLORIKAY New Member

Eddycreek Marina & Resort, Eddyville, KY (Lake Bar
    It is time to find the ol' lady a new master. This '61 CC Roamer has been in my family since my grandfather bought it new in Spring of '62. She is everything you love about old Chris Crafts. Steel Hull, classic lines, and the class that is missing on the water today.

It is a sad day for me personally; however she is beyond my scope of skills and needs a talented hand to restore her to greatness.

The interior is beautiful, needs new carpet and I would update some things that wouldn't change her feel. In 1980 we took out the booth seating and opened the floor space creating a sofa and an area for table and chairs. If this is important, you can still see where the supports and runners where anchored to the bulkheads for restoration.

We installed a Purasan waste system to avoid having to put a holding tank in place...great move, never disappointed with this system. She has cruisair cool air system only.

Some of the brightwork outside should be refinished. The windows leak, they always have for over 40 years. Can't help you here, probably need to be replaced to really fix it...we just tried to stay out of the rain!

Last year (2010) I had the bottom and sides painted. She looks...great! Currently I have not replaced the name on the transom so it's ready for your custom touch.

The starboard engine runs like a dream. New electric fuel pump in 2010 made all the difference. Lincoln block, 430's and are they sweet. However my port is giving up the ghost. She has water in the oil and I'm 90% certain it's not a head gasket. I still use her to get in and out of the slip, but that's all.

The generator is an Onan, 5.5kw and has cranked along all these years, still one of the most reliable mechanical devices I've been around.

50 years has taken it's toll, it's time for some love for this sweet old boat that has taken 4 generations of my family to new adventures and countless memories. My boating days are not over, simply time for a new chariot. The person who buys the LORI-KAYE will enjoy tinkering, woodworking, and classy things that remind all of us of days when the waters were dominated by the luxury and not the jet ski.

The boat is moored on Lake Barkley, KY which is on the Cumberland River and 13 miles from the canal to the Tennessee River so you can take her just about anywhere. I will be happy to set a time to show the boat.

Some people know the value of Chris Craft components and if you wish to buy the boat site unseen, that's fine...all the components are original.

I know I don't go into the normal detail of boat specs, but if you don't KNOW what the Chris Craft Roamer is about, this isn't the boat for you. She's a classic, she's a head-turner. Nobody on the water will ever tell a searay 36, "gee, that's an spectacular boat" nobody on the lake can resist telling me that!

you can email me for more pics, specs, details.

I have all the paperwork from when Grandpa bought the boat in 1962. I have all manuals and receipts along with 4 log books.

The price is the best offer. I want the boat to get a good home and be restored by someone who can appreciate her value.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  2. Shangri-La

Shangri-La Senior Member

Beautiful boat!