Click for Glendinning Click for Cross Click for Northern Lights Click for Furuno Click for Burger

137-ft Schooner ENDYMION

Discussion in 'Vintage & Classic Yachts' started by Endymion28, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Endymion28

Endymion28 New Member

Hi All,

I hope you have all had wonderful holidays.

My name is Doug and i am from England, i am looking for any information on an American Schooner Yacht built in 1899 named ENDYMION. I have tried many many different routes to get any information possible regarding this vessel to the point that i have now created a blog with all the information i know regarding the Yachts her owners, builder and designer in the hope that perhaps someone with information may stumble upon it.

My aim is to find out what happened to her as all newspaper reports pertaining to the vessel stop after her owner died in 1916, i have it on good authority that the owners son a very prominent member of the Indian Harbor Yacht Club had her moored at New Haven fully crewed whilst he attended Yale sometime in the 1930's but thats not confirmed and the trail runs cold after that.

Anyway please feel free to take a look and thank you very much for your time.

Schooner Yacht ENDYMION.: The beginning...

Doug
  2. Manusel

Manusel Member

Doug, this 1916 article mentions the name of the buyer. I'll do some further searching of his name.

Attached Files:

3. Manusel

Manusel Member

Here's a government report from 1918 which shows her being sold to Danish interests in May of 1916.

Attached Files:

4. Manusel

Manusel Member

Here is the heading of the report.

Attached Files: