Click for YF Listing Service Click for Westport Click for Mulder Click for Burger Click for Delta

105' 1922 lawley my

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by dd12v71, Apr 16, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. dd12v71

dd12v71 New Member

is posted on nat'l liquidators auction page. they say she is steel hull. she doesn't look too bad in the pix. any body have any info or scuttlebut on this boat?
  2. jsi

jsi New Member

Unless you have won several lotteries lately,

I wouldn't be looking at the perfect pickup of the year.

Think $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Just my opine.

jsi
  3. Henning

Henning Senior Member

I've worked for NL on and off for 7 years picking up boats for them. It is very rarely that you find "a deal" there. Typically, the banks are owed an upside down value on them so they sit for too long before the bank finally accepts realistic offers, then you have all that "sat for a year" maintenance to contend with because the bank only pays for basic "keep it afloat" custodial service. On the Marshals Auction boats, well, anybody can bid, and people are idiots and normally somebody will bid over the real value because "If it's a Gov't Auction, it has to be a deal...".

You are safe dealing with NL though, if you put down some money to have it surveyed and seatrialed and it doesn't pass, you don't have to worry about your deposit or anything, you get that back, they're honest people there. Just be very sure of the deal you are making as with anyone else. There are only a few boats that ever end up there that are in top shape for a good price. Most are repos from people who couldn't afford them so they've been neglected or "thrifted", or have come out of a yard bill dispute.
  4. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

Hello Ed, Welcome to YachtForums. I cruised past her on the New River this week. She is tied out on the T-head at Nat Marine. Her name is "Key Largo". It would appear that she previously had some sort of bowsprit that is now missing. She's certainly ready for a refit, or at least a large cosmetic makeover. It looks like it's been quite some time since this old gal had any $eriously good care. The interior photos of her on YW look pretty good, but I don't see any shots of the machinery. At their very reasonable asking price of $10. she's a bargain! I say - Go for it.
  5. Adventure

Adventure New Member

Not the first time this vessel has been sold by NL. It was a repo about 10 years ago. It use to have long bow sprit about 15' long. Used to be called Elegante and was certified at one time.
  6. I was on board KEY LARGO last week. The owner had asked me to list the boat for sale and to bring her to our docks for our free dockage for central listings program. However the yacht did not qualify for the free dockage program and I thought the best scenario for the seller was to keep it at National Liquidators to find a bargain hunter buyer. It is not a repo that I know of, but simply listed with NL as it was before.
    This yacht had been certified by the US Coast Guard to carry 100 passengers in protected waters, but that certification was deleted when the yacht went to the Bahamas and obtained a Bahamian Charter license. I told the owner that if he could get the yacht inspected once again by the Coast Guard it would greatly increase the value, but some of the "grandfather provisions" may not be valid now. The yacht has just made the trip from Nassau to Fort Lauderdale a few weeks ago.
    Two years ago the yacht was here at Bradford Marine for bottom painting and the hull looked decent at the time, but I did not inspect it closely. The varnish was good then but it is now in need of stripping to bare and there will be lots of work for the new owner.
  7. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

Hi Tucker,

NL's YachtWorld listing says that she is a repo.

They have their typical wording: "THE PRICE LISTED IS THE SUGGESTED VALUE OF THIS VESSEL. IT MAY SELL FOR MORE OR LESS, ALL OFFERS WILL BE SENT TO THE SELLER WHO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ACCEPT, COUNTER OR REJECT."

I don't think it will be easy to come up with a new owner for her in the current market climate. She looks like a handful.
  8. Ci.Ci.

Ci.Ci. New Member

Key Largo

Hi to all,

Just a have a quick question. Does anyone know where the KEY LARGO is now? I noticed it was removed the other day from NL list. Have they moved her to some other location?

Many Thanks,

Ci.Ci.
  9. Nameless

Nameless New Member

She is in the Philippines and is finishing a complete overhaul