Click for Mag Bay Click for Perko Click for Burger Click for Nordhavn Click for Nordhavn

YF Polo Shirts; come and get ‘em!

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by YachtForums, Sep 23, 2008.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Rene GER

Rene GER Senior Member

Hi Carl,

I remember about that: [post]49863[/post]
  2. brunick

brunick Senior Member

i guess rene should get one first :D
    (send 2 of em in one package ;))
  3. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

Excellent Carl......thanks. Maybe I'll be lucky.
  4. Jeff Langs

Jeff Langs New Member

Thanks Carl
  5. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

<--------Eagerly waiting out by the mailbox:D
  6. revdcs

revdcs Senior Member

Me too...:)
  7. lwrandall

lwrandall senior member

I am wearing out a path to the mailbox by checking it three times a day...:)
  8. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Sorry to disappoint, but I haven't started shipping yet. Will begin packaging and labeling over the weekend. Hoping to ship everything by the end of next week. :)
  9. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

My long gone dad used to have an expression: "Patience is a virtue....found seldom in a woman and never in a man".:D
  10. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Eager and waiting, camping out in the garage next to my mail-slot...

Are all the Polo Shirts the same color? Are we going to look like a uniformed army at the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show.?

See you all there.;)
  11. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

"You can have any color you want, as long as it's white"

That is what Carl said in his first post opening the thread.
  12. JWY

JWY Senior Member

I can't remember the definition of Senior Member and couldn't find it in my search. I assume it means a certain # of posts, or is it based on longevity of membership, or perhaps it's for the AARPies on the Forum? How does one qualify as a Sr. Member and how many are there? Hey Carl - are you the only member in the history of YF to give your LOA & beam? ;)

Judy
  13. Judy, I recall it takes 100 posts to become a senior member, and earlier in the thread Carl said there were only 60. Being AARP eligible makes us senior senior members!

Tucker
  14. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Oops, missed that one.

Henry Ford and Colonel Carl had the same idea...No choice but the price is right. ;)

See ya @ the Boat Show: Same logo, same white shirt and the same kind of hot babes hanging on to your every word and hoping to meet Carl, Lars, Norseman and them guys. ;)
  15. YachtForums

We have 144 members with over 100 posts. I guesstimated we have about 60 currently active senior members. To date, just over 50 members have sent me their digits. These folks check in regularly, adding to YF's knowledge base and therefore these are the members receiving polos. The remaining slackers... get to read this thread.

Couple of things...

1. Upon packaging the shirts, we were shorted on small polos. So... if you ordered a small, you'll have to squeeze into a medium.

2. The shirts are being shipped in bubble-pack envelopes. I did my best to fold them nicely, but I never worked in retail.

I'll try to ship the shirts tomorrow... :)
  16. brunick

brunick Senior Member

i'm awaiting the shirt - but after my PMY mag was shipped in a term of 15 days i think i'll have to wait some time ;)
  17. viking 58

viking 58 YF Historian

After everyone lost their shirts in the market yesterday, Carl comes to the rescue and sends me a new one!
  18. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Shirt? You only lost your shirt. After yesterday I think Long Island is going to be the next nudist colony. (Carl, any pants coming.:) )
  19. Seafarer

Seafarer Senior Member

After yesterday, the shirts and pants only need one sleeve and one leg apiece!
  20. YachtForums

It's good to see humor in the face of adversity. If I were brave enough to do battle with the bears, I'd invest in Valium, alcohol and firearms. If the first two don't kill the pain, open mouth, insert gun. For me, this whole scenario has caused me to exceed my FDA requirements of margarita mix.

About 2 months ago, I got wind of WaMu's weakness, which was later confirmed when I saw CD's at 5% in my local branch. Clearly, they needed money. Then about a week ago, I came across an article in Forbes where the FDIC stated they didn't have enough to cover the failure of WaMu (some 307 billion). I started moving money out of WaMu right away. As did others, apparently. Last I heard, WaMu experienced an 18 billion dollar run over the past few weeks.

Today, I'm a little more diversified. Matter of fact, my freezer became a minor repository. Now I'm sitting on some cold hard cash. :D