Click for Mulder Click for JetForums Click for MotorCheck Click for Nordhavn Click for Nordhavn

Yet Another Wally Innovation

Discussion in 'Wally Yacht' started by Yacht News, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

The Wally 85M project is certainly a looker. Any fans of the 118 and the 67 would love this concept. I only wish that they would build it for real. She has the same fast and futuristic look that is bred by Wally and is clearly a mixture of the bigger Wally Motoryachts with a few modifications and changes.

For more, there are 3 nice pics on the Wally website. As well as a nice stats write up on the supposed vessel. A length of 85M and a Beam of 14.5M. Maximum speed of 18kts. Hull 'will' be made of steel and the superstructure, Aluminum.
    For more Visit the Wally website...http://www.*********/jumpCh.asp?idUser=0&idChannel=175&idLang=IT&attivo=4

And my doesn't this other one look familiar? http://www.*********/jumpCh.asp?idUser=0&idChannel=174&idLang=IT&attivo=4
  2. Yacht News

3. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

I am not convinced this is the right way of selling an 85 meter yacht? Perhaps of marketing Wally as a design resource of such big yachts, but 85 m is a yacht the size of Kingdom 5KR where people would like to make their own statements, not buying from the shelf..?

Let´s hope I am wrong, because both designs are worth to be built!
  4. Yacht News

Yes AMG, i was hoping for a ling timt that they would put into production, the Wally 90 but i guess that never happened and she remained as a project all this time.

I hope that the 85M does not go the same route and remain a nice background or screensaver for our desktops.