Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Northern Lights Click for Nordhavn Click for Mulder Click for Furuno

Yachts Miami Beach

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by olderboater, Sep 22, 2016.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

Apparently the docks are being completely reworked for the 2017 show to reduce walking and a lot more to be spent in advertising and promotion and on transportation. It seems there was a lot of confusion last year vs. the Miami Show. Oh and one other little change, just barely mentioned. It will no longer be free. New price, $20.
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Collins was a ghost town last year. I spoke with a few builders that questioned if they would return in 2017 and I know they are not alone in their sentiments. Now they want to charge $20 for attendance? Seems to me if attendance is already low, any attempt to increase visitor revenue will only decrease attendance.

So here's an idea... why not give the builder's a price break on display space & slips. If the NMMA is making money on visitors, which will likely stifle attendance, then vendors should get a break! God knows, these shows have been breaking the backs of businesses in the marine industry in recent years. Sales are down. Attendance is down. So is morale.