Click for Perko Click for Westport Click for Furuno Click for YF Listing Service Click for Ocean Alexander

YachtForums in the magazines...

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by YachtForums, Jan 27, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Hi guys,

Our ads have released in Boating Magazine and Yachting Magazine this past week. If you see the ad in Yachting, you'll notice the following text is garbled...

"The place to discuss everything about yachts... come join the fun!"

The fonts in their software are different than those contained on the disc we supplied, therefore the text become barely legable. Unfortunately, they failed to proof the page or supply us with a blue-line before going to press.

I respectfully asked them to make good on this mistake and they declined. Therefore, we will not continue to advertise with Yachting and will place our ads with another media.

Any suggestions?
  2. CaptainAt18

CaptainAt18 New Member

This is how I just heard about this site minutes ago when reading my new Boating mag. I'd say another good candidate would be Personal MotorYacht (PMY). They'll probably have a different crowd of readers from Boating.
  3. John B

John B Senior Member

The best magazine I have found which cover a broad range of yachts is the UK based magazine 'Motor Boat and Yachting'. I am in the US and wish there was a US publication like this one.

Covers all the new yachts coming out with detailed reviews and does really good coverage of cruising destinations (all in Europe though). I haven't found any US based publication that covers a broad range of yachts as well. Also, there reviews are much more critical/objective than any US publication I have seen.

www.mby.com

Not usre if you atrying to attract people in US or globally. I doubt US readership is much on this publication but you would reach lots of Europeans