Click for Delta Click for Nordhavn Click for Furuno Click for JetForums Click for Mulder

Yacht given as a gift

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by onlinen, Oct 18, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. onlinen

onlinen New Member

Dear fellow boating enthusiasts,
    I am a yachting observer in several Russian glossy magazines.

For a Christmas issue of Russian Robb Report I desperately need some information about the yachts which were given as a gift to somebody.

All we heard about Burton & Taylor's "Kalizma" which was also a gift from Brad Pitt to Jen Aniston recently. Do you know other stories like this?
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

The 155' Christensen Yacht "Privacy" is reportedly a wedding gift from Tiger Woods to his wife, Elin Nordegren.
  3. oldyachtie

oldyachtie New Member

I have read in several publications (sorry can't recall which ones) that the sale of Kalizma to Brad Pitt and Jennifer Anniston is ERRONEOUS.

I have much love for this beautiful classic yacht and I hope hope that someone(s) such as Mr. Pitt with the requisite funds will indeed buy her, do the necessary work and properly maintain her. She is a true beauty and deserves to be in the hands of the right owner.
  4. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Richard Burton owned Kalizma for seven years and is remembered as the place where he gave Liz Taylor the famed 69-carat diamond. Never heard that she got the yacht as well??

I know of several others who has got their yachts as gifts, but these days many owners prefer to remain unnamed publicly of security reasons.
  5. Braveheart

Braveheart New Member

The Royal Yacht Norge (80 Meter) was the Norwegian peopleĀ“s gift to King Haakon VII in 1947.

i have read in a magazine that Shahnaz (63 M.), now i think Lady Haya, supposedly was offered as a gift to the saudi royal family through John Latsis.
    Is this true?
  6. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Didn't Paul Allen give one of his biggies to his sister?
  7. Braveheart

Braveheart New Member

Yes,
    it was the Yacht Charade
  8. catmando

catmando Senior Member

Got pics? I've not seen her.