Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder Click for Cross Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Walker

Where's Westships Website

Discussion in 'Westship Yacht' started by lwrandall, Apr 15, 2005.

1. lwrandall

lwrandall senior member

I wanted to look up Westships to see some info on their new line of yachts but when I go to their address I get an "Underconstruction" notice from some web domain company. Is their something going on.
  2. nas130

nas130 Member

I was under the impression that they went under. I visited the ship yard in tampa not to far back and it was pretty empty, besides "boardwalk," which they are trying to finish. They had some molds and were refitting an old boat, but I heard they were done. Tied up in lawsuits I am sure.

Nick
  3. lwrandall

lwrandall senior member

Wow,

Sorry to hear that. They seemed like they wanted to put out a good product. Seems like Westport has the 100-130 spec market to themselves.
  4. nas130

nas130 Member

This is dock talk only, but I belive it to be accurate. Westport is not willing to customize their boats like westship did. From what I hear, when westport and westship went their seperate ways, westship started designing their own hulls and they were not of the greatest design. Their quality went down and then lawsuits put them under. I know someone who looked to build a new 112 westport, but westport would not do any changes in layout for them, so they went another direction all together. The broker I spoke with at westport said that the 112's are on back order for like 18 months. From what I hear no new 98's are being built.