Click for Burger Click for Walker Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder Click for Delta

What insurance companies are you using?

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by Eroc, Mar 6, 2016.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Eroc

Eroc Member

I was wondering what companies you guys are using. I hear good things about Boat US when it comes to payout on a claim but I know the premiums are high. What should I be expecting to pay for a mid 80's 46?
    Thanks Eric
  2. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Not sure about a mid 80's 46 but I switched insurance carriers last week:
    Had Boat US for my GB 2770 @ $3,138.00 per year, $155K agreed value and 1% deductible.

Not got Ace with Libby:

Libby Seeburger
    President
    Maritime Underwriters, Inc.
    7071 West Commercial Blvd. Suite 2G
    Tamarac, Florida 33319
    Phone: 954-721-7400
    Fax: 954-721-7919
    www.muifl.com

$2,037 for $160K and more coverage for other stuff like personal belongings, towing, etc.
    Same 1% deductible.
  3. ReeLeeHooked

ReeLeeHooked New Member

I have 1987 43' Post and pay $1400 thru NBOA Marine Insurance for $120,000.
  4. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

I've always been a fan of Bob Peck, who owns Triton Insurance in Newport, RI. He knows the business, and it's hard to beat his prices or service.
    http://www.tritonins.com
  5. gr8trn

gr8trn Senior Member

$635,00 Hull agreed value 1% deductible. Includes, $500K protection and indemnity, $500K uninsured watercraft, $24K medical, $854K oil pollution liability, longshore and harbor worker's compensation, $10K personal effects, $2.5K emergency towing and assist, $2.5K boat rental reimbursement.

annual premium $3,127.

Dave Webb
    JW Terrill Inc
    800-530-3357

insurance through Markel American Insurance Company
  6. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

How much salvage coverage?
  7. gr8trn

gr8trn Senior Member

I do not recall, I will have a look.
  8. bliss

bliss Senior Member

Insurance underwriting is more sophisticated than when I started out as a junior underwriter trainee 4th class long ago. Today it is hard to find two underwriters that agree on what products to bring to market; much less prices. First the insurance company has to determine what market segments to pursue. --- location, high risk, preferred risk, and on and on. Next, might be what specific risks he wants to be exposed to. Transfer of risk is the essence of insurance. So if acceptable loss exposure is to be in the marine market; what part, locations, etc., etc.. The brand, model, year, size, and power of your boat are important, but just the beginning. What about the operator(s)? Any teenagers within striking distance??? How is everyone's driving and credit history? On and on. My advice? Find a couple of quality marine brokers and stick with quality underwriters. What is quality in the insurance business? I'll leave that to you. Get a copy of your C.L.U.E. Report and see what the scoop on you and your family is. It is what the underwriters use so you should check it out. Lastly, my advise is probably worth what you paid for it. Good Luck!
  9. Unavailable

Unavailable New Member

Boat US. $200,000 K agree Value 1% deduct. 500K property/bodily, 900 K Fuel/Spill, %00 K uninsured Boater, Towing ect.. $2723.00 on a 1999 42 post

Lost last Boat on land during Sandy and all salvage costs were covered and they paid the stated value less deductible. know too many people with other carriers that were stuck with deductible and salvage coming off the bottom line.