Click for Cross Click for Abeking Click for Westport Click for MotorCheck Click for Furuno

Westship Yachts New Launch - 145' Tri-Deck

Discussion in 'Westship Yacht' started by YachtForums, Apr 20, 2004.

1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

04-13-2004

Westship World Yachts has launched "BOARDWALK", a luxurious 145’ Tri-Deck Motor Yacht, on February 28, 2004. Seatrials are currently underway and have thus far proven to be a success.

The 145’ "BOARDWALK" is as appealing as they come, providing a stunning atmosphere on all three decks. Where comfort and elegance are proficiently fused. This luxurious yacht features a Master State room located on the main deck forward, four beautiful Guest rooms, an exquisite Main Salon/Formal Dining area, and a captivating Sky Lounge, to say the least. All areas are furnished with natural finished American Cherry wood with Maple Burl wood raised panels throughout. An inviting country style galley with a spacious settee and large viewing windows, provide ultimate viewing pleasure and leisurely dining while observing the port and starboard. All Staterooms include mirrored and beautifully crafted upholstered walls with neutral silk fabrics.

Additional features of "BOARDWALK" include plasma T.V.’s, multiple bars, teak decks, frameless windows, and motorized window treatments.

Attached Files:

2. Bob Scott

Bob Scott Guest

This boat is owned by Tillman Fertitta who owns Landry's Corp. It is named after his famous "Kemah Boardwalk", which is in Kemah, TX, and has approx. 10 of his restaraunts as well as many shops, amusement park rides, a weiner extender go fast boat that takes people on rides, and a lovely fountain type thing that shoots water up out of the ground(very popular with the local trash, who bring their 20 kids to bathe in it). He also owns hundreds of other restaraunts around the country.
    Supposedly, the boat will be parked at the Kemah Boardwalk Marina which he owns. He had a 112' Westport parked there, which his poor captain had trouble docking. I can only feel sorry for super captain having to dock the 145' in the same place(same dock they just made it bigger by kicking many boats out of the marina, so that he would have plenty of room).
    Anyways, if you see this boat coming take a good look but watch out! It seems that they have 'wake' issues(at least on the 112' they did). If you owned the world would it not be proper for others to prepare for whatever you decided to throw at them?
  3. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Great post, Bob. Thanks! :)

One of the reasons I like these types of posts.... often, we don't get a chance to meet or talk with yacht owners, but we all seem to be infinately curious about "what they do" and how they achieved their success. I personally find it inspirational and appreciate what I can learn from them.

I'm not sure the super-fortunate few make realistic role models, but I believe there are people in every level of our communities that have made a difference in people's lives. For example... it seems pop culture creates icons out of celebrities, actors, musicians, athletes, etc. I don't think these are realistic role models and I'm not sure I would benefit from their knowledge. However, there are people in our own backyards that have made significant contributions to their community, society, family, friends and peers. They often go unrecognized, but they have been successful in their own endeavors and deserve a certain amount of praise.

I guess I'm going off on a tangent here. Sorry to be long-winded. My point was.. I liked your post. Thanks!
  4. Bob Scott

Bob Scott Guest

Hey Carl, thanks for appreciating my 1/4 on the edge post ;)

I don't have the exact facts here, but I think it was Tillmans father who originally went from poor to rich. Tillman took some of daddy's money and turned it into lots more! Anyways, I guess he is a good guy in that he provides jobs for thousands of people, but he is not known for being a "good guy". He would tear down your home and put carnival rides where it used to be if it meant a buck for him.

So I heard today that the boat made it to Clear Lake Texas. There are not many large yachts there. As a matter of fact there is only one other one which is a 112' Westport. The original "Boardwalk" yacht was also a 112' Westport, and the story is that Tillman was furious that someone else on the lake decided to get a 112' Westport(even though the other owner had his boat first). Well he sure showed him didn't he! The guy is a billionare, literally, and could be the big fish in any pond. For whatever reason, he would rather be the HUGE fish in that stagnent, brown, pond known as Clear Lake. To each his own huh? :D
  5. yachtboy

yachtboy New Member

Boardwalk Yacht

About how much is the Boardwalk at Westport worth?
  6. HONGKONG

HONGKONG Senior Member