Click for Burger Click for Abeking Click for Delta Click for YF Listing Service Click for Walker

Westport change in offerings

Discussion in 'Westport Yacht' started by olderboater, Feb 10, 2015.

1. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

That does get expensive. One reason you see a lot of builders in the size range of 164' is tonnage. The WP 164 is 498 ITC, just under the 500 mark.
  2. captholli

captholli Senior Member

The Chouest's have been a Yachting family for quite a while and their bio doesn't spell it out completely. Purchasing Monterey and the Saint Lucie waterfront yard that is now American Custom Yachts very well could have ended in condominium developments had the stars aligned and wasn't meant to employ the entire Le Combe family but that ship has sailed. Gary Chouest Jr. built a 109' cockpit Broward named "Pizzazz" in 1990 and I believe that was their second yacht @ around 100ft . I had the great joy to run the boat for the owners sea trials and acceptance off Ft. Lauderdale & I'll never forget when Gary Jr . performed a work boat back down test @ 50 % throttle in 4 to 6 ft sea's before the Niads could be centered and while the boat took solid green water over the covering boards and the trim tabs were relieved of their mounting bolts both Niad fins were spun 90 degrees on the tapered stocks making it virtually impossible to run the boat. We were towed back to 15 St. Fisheries with Mr. Chouest grinning and the principal Dennison frowning. Two weeks later the Chouest's took delivery of Pizzazz .
  3. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

Wonder if he ever plays on boats like Ipanema, a 187' Fast Supply Vessel. Boy you could sure carry a lot of toys on that. Some of the vessels Edison Chouest Offshore has are mind boggling. I did notice too that Westport has removed the commercial boat section from their site, which makes sense. We forget sometimes that Edison Chouest owns three ship builders plus a couple of shipyards. Pretty diverse holdings.