Click for Delta Click for Perko Click for Mag Bay Click for Cross Click for Abeking

Westport 130 Maintenance program

Discussion in 'Westport Yacht' started by Saar, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Saar

Saar New Member

Hey everybody,
    I would be happy if someone can recommend me a program to take care about all the maintenance and treatments of the yacht, Includes the engines/ generators and machines.

I am also very good with MS Excel, I can build my own program with a couple of expert's advices(people who work with Westport 130 or a similar vessel)

Thank you!
    Saar
  2. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

Each of the items should have manuals. If you don't have those manuals then I would suggest getting them.

In addition, I'm sure Westport would be more than happy to advise you in regard to all these items. I'd give them a call if I was you. Here is a link to their contact information. http://www.westportyachts.com/contact/

The manufacturing is in Washington but they do have a sales office in Fort Lauderdale.

I'm a bit confused as you seem to have a Westport 130 with only 150 hours but no manuals. I would think it's a very new model. Are you the owner, Captain, or Engineer?
  3. Saar

Saar New Member

Thank you for your help.
    I am sure I have all the manuals.
    It is the new model and I am the new engineer onboard.

I am going to take care of all the maintenance and treatments of the vessel, so it is important to me to communicate with experienced people and learn from theire experience.
    Once again, Thanks

Thank you very much,
    Saar
  4. captholli

captholli Senior Member

Check out the maintenance program called " Idea" not inexpensive but very good. This program is an ISM or mini ISM plus, plus, just not the engine department but all of the dept. Needs. And functions.
    Google idea-light.net and go from there. That's their entry level maint program.
  5. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

I am the captain on a 164' Westport so have been researching options. So far IDEA looks to be the best program out there. I have a salesman coming to the boat tomorrow to demo the product.
    Which 40M are you on? 4009? 4010?
  6. olderboater

We use IDEA. A lot of work setting everything up but more than worth it.
  7. olderboater

Have you been to Westport's facilities in Washington? Discussed an approach with any of the people there? I'm sure they'd be very helpful.
  8. ychtcptn

ychtcptn Senior Member

As a long time Westport Captain, I've always wondered why Westport with such a large volume of series yachts never put a planned maintenance system together for the boats? I would think that it would help with tracking problems and warranty issues, and help with resale of the product. I think there is already a thread that talks about different planned maintenance programs on here already.