Click for Nordhavn Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Cross Click for Abeking Click for Westport

Welcome Caterpillar!

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by YachtForums, Apr 4, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

YachtForums is proud to welcome Caterpillar! Click on their banners to check out the latest in marine power packages. :)
  2. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

Very cool! Nice to see one of the top engine manufacturers on board! Maybe someone there could get involved in the "technical discussion" section when someone needs advise?

Welcome aboard Caterpillar!!
  3. nilo

nilo Senior Member

advice on acert technology

as cat onboard, i would like to ask some explanation abt acert technology. i am planning to built a yacht with cat c32 engines. understand from cat web site they have recently been upgraded with acert technology and along other futures, horse power output also increased.

my questions are;

1- can you compare acert with common rail technology? what are the pros and cons?
    2- will cat continue producing c32 with present ratings and market c32 with acert technology as a seperate engine, or c32 with acert will replace present engines?
    3- if c32 with acert will be replacing the present engine, will there be price differences?

thanks in advance.
  4. TRY

TRY Senior Member

Yes, I would like to know

if Caterpillar has joined the common rail club with MTU and MAN!
    Could CAT please reply?
  5. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Guys,

CAT's just a participating sponsor of the site with banners. Let me see if we can get one of their techs to chime-in. Let you know shortly... :)