Click for Abeking Click for Furuno Click for Cross Click for Nordhavn Click for Nordhavn

Watch Where You Park You Car

Discussion in 'Marinas & Waypoints' started by Rodger, Jan 12, 2016.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Rodger

Rodger Senior Member

A car parked by Lake Erie in Buffalo, New York has unwittingly become the latest ice sculpture in the area, as severe winter weather continues to freeze the area.
    The car, which was frozen solid in recent snowy conditions, will need more than an ice scraper and antifreeze to get moving again.

The picture of the vehicle went viral after being tweeted by Matt Bové, a weatherman for Buffalo news channel WKBW.
    Capture.PNG
  2. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Mitsubishi Lancer... judging by the smaller diameter wheels, not an EVO.
  3. Perlmudder

Perlmudder Member

That is at a friends of mines bar in Hamburg just outside Buffalo. I am guessing the owner was not too happy when they sobered up and went to get the car the next day.
  4. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

He seems to be happy anyway...

ICE.jpg
  5. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

A natural problem unlike the folks who saw fit to break into mine and two other cars in a hotel carpark on Thursday night.

A broken window and the GPS/Radio removed with the cables disconnected and then the ends cut off and left, seems like they wanted to do the most damage. The alarm didn't go off, the doors were still locked.
  6. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

As is typical, the peripheral cost in terms of dollars and inconvenience far exceeds the value of the item stolen.