Click for Abeking Click for Nordhavn Click for MotorCheck Click for Cross Click for JetForums

Viking Sportfish "Bad Company" hit a whale!

Discussion in 'Viking Yacht' started by CaptNeil, Feb 26, 2009.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Pascal, I'm very surprised to see this post by you considering the boat you captain. Running flat out in shallow water? You're right, it could have been much worse and not only for the manatee.
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

NYCAP, I believe an H16 is a 16' Hobie Cat, sailing catamaran and going flat out would mean 12 knots or so. LOL
  3. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

"block to block" is a sailing term... that was another hint, I guess NYCAP is a true stinkpotter :)

and the rudders kicks up when you touch something so no harm.
  4. rocdiver

rocdiver Senior Member

I have to admit I was thrown by that one too. Stinkpotter: Guilty as charged :eek:
  5. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

I am indeed.:D You had me completely lost on that last sentence although the block to block should have cued me in as I do a LITTLE sailing. I was really wondering what happened to you. Thought someone irresponsible had gotten hold of your mouse. I was picturing a 16' speed boat sending the skipper's mouth into the wheel while the outboard's prop was gouging the manatee, then reading "it could have been worse". This from a guy who barely broke 12kts. all the way up the coast. Should have posted that 2 days ago for as good as it caught me.:eek: :D
  6. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

"This from a guy who barely broke 12kts. all the way up the coast"

hey... i usually do an hour or so a day at 20+ on those trips, might actually do 2 hours a day on the way up next month if diesel remains at about $2..
  7. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

I must have looked in at the wrong times. Never saw more than 10, but I still would have been surprised if you had done what I thought you were saying. Now I've April fooled myself enough for one day. :eek: Time for lunch.:D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.