Click for Nordhavn Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger Click for Perko Click for Furuno

Viking Sportfish "Bad Company" hit a whale!

Discussion in 'Viking Yacht' started by CaptNeil, Feb 26, 2009.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

You're absolutely right. Who needs those things anyway. You can't make money off them; they get in the way of boats and these regulations cut into the fun of having a fast boat. We can always show our grand-kids pictures of them and have them read Moby Dick if the subject ever comes up. Heck, elephants and lions are almost gone and who's going to miss them. We don't miss the wholly mammoth do we.
  2. VikHatBer

VikHatBer New Member

Some people just have decades of government environmental propaganda drilled into their heads, and that's all they know! I get tired of regurgitated environmental babble, and I'm younger than most of you on here. Just remember, the water was clearer before environmental laws existed. Waters have only become murky "post-1970's regulation", which left loopholes for municipalities to spew millions of gallons of sewage offshore while arresting, fining, and impounding boats of citizens for "gray water" infractions. Gimme a break!

Don't even get me started on Manatees. They are non-native to South Florida's waterways - something that the hippie environmentalist lobby always conveniently forgets to mention.
  3. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

I see you never went swimming in the Hudson River back in the 60's...or then again, maybe you did.
  4. VikHatBer

VikHatBer New Member

Of course you pick the dirtiest place on Earth to contradict me... nice.
  5. CaptNeil

CaptNeil Member

I wouldn't swim there now.

Whales are dangerous and don't like boats!

Attached Files:

6. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Actually, the Hudson is a very beautiful place to cruise... AND SWIM...TODAY (although it's a bit cold for my tastes). BTW, Are you familiar with New Bedord and it's whaling history. Ever wonder why it was such a whaling center. It was because the whales were bountiful just off the coast. Remember, that once these "beasts" are gone they are gone forever and all lifeforms on this planet are interconnected. And unfortunately whales DO like boats. They were just saying this morning on MSNBC that we expect more species to go into extinction this century than ever before. Can this possibly be good. As for:
    Ask the Florida tourism board how they feel about them. I suspect they've been good for business. Besides isn't almost everyone and everything non-native to Florida. How many 5th generation Florida families do you know?
  7. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

The Hudson being so polluted was caused by that one factory (I forgot the name of it) that was located about 200 miles North of NYC on the Hudson river. I do know that they heavily fined the company and the company did a lot of things to try to clean up the water in the Hudson.

The Hudson river pollution had nothing to do with boats.

I agree with the Manatees that were never native to FL. It seems they use the manatees for people's own personal benefit such as a no wake zone in front of really nice houses to increase the property value because you can now dock a yacht there.

I do not believe in Evolution, but a lot of tree huggers and so forth do. But isn't the core of Evolution mean that the fittest species survive and the ones that aren't fit become extinct and on and on?
  8. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Species survive by consuming the lesser species. Most species become extinct by overpopulating and depleting the resources available to them. Man is one heck of a consumer; like none the world has ever seen. We're also the only species that kills for sport.
  9. CaptNeil

CaptNeil Member

Where can you kill a manatee for sport?
  10. Seafarer

Seafarer Senior Member

The factories at Hudson Falls and Fort Edward were owned/operated by a relatively unknown little company called General Electric.
  11. Seafarer

Seafarer Senior Member

I think it was maybe 1983 or 1984 when I first noticed I could see light reflecting off my feet when I was wading knee-deep at Croton Point. The river has only gotten better since then.
  12. VikHatBer

VikHatBer New Member

$350 tickets for speeding in manatee zones would make a great enterprise!!! I'm sure the Florida tourism board gets their kickbacks from that scam if that's what you mean. The regulatory environmental movement is a sham created to collect fees and penalties and as a vehicle of employment for low IQ wildlife control officers and liberal/hippie scientists to make them feel special.

I can't wait till Florida Wildlife Control goes to the chopping block (hopefully to be dismembered) this summer.
  13. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Paid a few of those did you. Didn't you tell them that you were special?
  14. vernetluc

vernetluc New Member

And I do not like THIS kind of boat either...nor the people who are aboard. "Sport" fishermen, big "game" fishing.....!:mad:

Go ahead, Orca: make them pay the real big money! Damage the boat (mind not to damge yourself, nor the people).:)

If this male orca is angry, it is very probably because this bot was disturbing his family, including young ones. But when has anyone seen these "sporstmen" having any respect for what lives in the sea???? :(
  15. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Those pics are photo-shoped.:cool:
  16. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

For the last 15 years where all the Billfish tournaments have gone from kill tournaments to Catch and release tournaments. I guess they don't care about all of those Marlin and Sailfish they're releasing now.....because it's easier to tag them, measure them, take pictures with a watch in it.
  17. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Used to watch a charter boat bring in their 3' & 4' sails so they could talk the tourists into buying a mount (Like there's anything but fiberglass in a mount). What a waste that nobody would get a chance to feel them on a hook when they grew up. Guess killing little things helped them feel like men. Me thinks they're overcompensating for something.
  18. VikHatBer

VikHatBer New Member

Is that your scientific opinion? This one's for you...from a sport fisherman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rf1Bn3Rg0o&feature=related
  19. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Well that sure showed how stupid people are. Looks like a vid that will be a hit with the 15 year old set. The point?
  20. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Manattee protection is a scam on the same level as ethanol and global warming... they are not endangered and most are killed by disease and ships, not rec. vessels.

we hit one a few weeks ago, were going flat out in shallow water when the boat lurched up in a big spash of muddy water. No damage, could have been worst as I was pedal to the metal... well, make that block to block since we were on the H16!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.