Click for Cross Click for Mulder Click for JetForums Click for Abeking Click for Glendinning

Veneer changing colour

Discussion in 'Pershing Yacht' started by Rainbow, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Rainbow

Rainbow New Member

Anyone here with veneer blackening problem?? Anyone here with your yachts light oak yacht interior changing colour excessively fast?? Want to know which builders this problem has its greatest impact.
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

When I've seen veneer blackening it was usually the result of water. Any chance of a leak nearby.
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I have not had any blackening problems unless there has been a water leak like NYCAP mentioned. I have however had a lot of veneers get cloudy looking (or the finish applied over them).
  4. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Dear Rainbow,

The excessive use of emoticons in your post have been removed. This isn't art school. If you feel the desire to color, buy some crayons.

Next, your signature has been removed and your screen name has been changed, because it's apparent you are here to promote yourself as a yacht dealer.

And finally, if you are asking which builders have this problem, why are you asking in the Pershing category???
  5. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

That's from the sun. Close the blinds. Once it happens I don't know any repair other than taking it down and re-urithaning it.
  6. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I have it happening on a boat where the woodwork can never see sunlight. There are no windows or anything in the entire room. The boat sits year-round in South Florida, and I seem to think it's either a temperature thing or humidity. The owner never wants the A/C to run when nobody is on board (which is all of the time), regardless of what anyone explains to him.
  7. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

South Florida and no a/c?:eek: Yep, it's the heat. He'll soon be seeing headliners and vinyl seperating like the headliners in Florida cars.
  8. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I agree, but try explaining that to a French Canadian who thinks the more you use things, the more they break (hence the a/cs)
  9. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Some people deserve what they get, and they usually get what they deserve. Let him save his pennies. You'll collect his dollars later.:cool: In the mean time get him a price for refinishing the wood. Have a camera handy as I expect his expression will be priceless.:D