Click for Mag Bay Click for Furuno Click for Perko Click for Northern Lights Click for Glendinning

Updating 2002 61ft Viking Enclosed Bridge Sat TV

Discussion in 'Viking Yacht' started by McQueen, Nov 17, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. McQueen

McQueen New Member

Need some guidance. Closing this week on a 2002 61' Viking Enclosed Bridge and it has an old KVH TV4 Sat system in it. I want to upgrade the system and was curious if anyone has experience with the Intellian s6HD unit and how it would compare to the KVH HD7 system? Most don't realize you can receive HD signals with the newer KVH M3, M5, M7, TV4, TV5 and TV6 antennas you just have to switch to DISH network versus DirectTV. Any help would be appreciated!!!
  2. RER

RER Senior Member

In the past couple months I've had three clients add new or replace old sat TV domes. I can't tell you why but they all chose Intellian.
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I have no experience with the new Intellian. However, I ran a boat with the HD7 and it was flawless and worked really good. Even 50 miles outside the coverage area, it got a perfect signal
  4. NEO56

NEO56 Member

Hi McQueen, Just had a similar conversation today with the Owner of MEI, and he told me the new KVH M3 was every bit as good as the HD7. I also inquired as to the Intellian, and was told they were OK...but nowhere near KVH technology. I wouldn't have weighed in on this thread without today's conversation.