Click for Frigibar Click for Walker Click for United Click for Abeking Click for Bering

TV show- "Below Deck"

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by ychtcptn, Jul 26, 2011.

1. kkreicker1

kkreicker1 Member

Darn… I would have been on of the guest then! As stupid as it sounds, I did watch the show. And knowing Bravo, it will have the same story line again.
  2. YachtNewbie

YachtNewbie New Member

That is a show that would be a must watch! What a great idea! If I only had a boat! Maybe in three years.
  3. rhinotub

rhinotub Member

A grotesque, lazy TV production with zero-to-nil substance or entertainment value outside of the staged guests, and rote Reality TV 101 crew story lines.

Nope.

Breaking Bad.

Less of Below Deck.
  4. Lowtech

Lowtech New Member

Actually got so angry on that show i looked up some of those in the show on FB and tried to talk to them about... well how stupid everything in the show was... And they actually seemed even worse in real life..
  5. curiouspeter

curiouspeter Member

Are the yachties on the show real or are they paid actors? I watched a few minutes and I felt they were (over-)acting.
  6. Capt Bill11

Capt Bill11 Senior Member

Real for the most part. The head stew on the show was one of its creators I believe. If true, sadly I'll bet she is proud of that fact.
  7. Opcn

Opcn Senior Member

I watched an episode. The key to making it through the whole thing was to watch it in VLC, and turn the speed up to about 1.7. That way the cringe inducing moments pass too quickly to cause any serious bodily harm. Sam was totally a good looking woman, which was nice. I have no other comments.
  8. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Home alone this weekend, scrolling through the onscreen guide and saw that S04E05 was on... what the heck, nothing else to do this evening.

Overall, not as awful as I'd imagined it could be after reading this thread a few years ago. :p

Lots off nautical eye-candy, which wasn't so bad, but in terms of "characters" it's pretty much what you'd expect. (Also, the British crew having a hard time understanding the Manc was hilarious, I'll admit.) I'll echo the sentiment from elsewhere in this thread and admit that I'm kinda' surprised the guests permit themselves to be filmed... you'd think some of these people would have a little more class and self respect.
  9. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

They're not exactly the classiest guests! :D
  10. Rodger

Rodger Senior Member

11. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

12. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

It looks like "Silevr Queen" was a Huckins.
  13. Fletcher500

Fletcher500 New Member

My wife and I love the show, and take it for what it is worth..entertainment. It is also fun to see nice boats and the interiors.

The crew quarters are much nicer than the oil tankers I sailed on in the 80's.

I remember a quote from the second engineer back then...oil doesn't talk back.
  14. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

After watching a good chunk of season 4 I've noticed that all these charters are really just one person inviting all their friends a long for a few days on a yacht. I've come to the realization that I need to find a better income bracket of friend. :D
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2017 at 8:51 AM