Click for Abeking Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger Click for Nordhavn Click for Westport

Trumpy Yacht Art

Discussion in 'Trumpy Yacht' started by Barnegatter, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weto

weto Senior Member

rawells, those are some very nice water colors. thanks for posting.
  2. KPAEsq

KPAEsq New Member

Sister to Serenia is still around

The sister ship to Serenia has been restored. It is known as Enticer. I have seen her both on the Hudson and in Newport
  3. maldwin

maldwin Senior Member

This thread has inspired me to start looking around for pictures such as these. Even as art prices rise, they are cheaper than restoring more boats, and I am realizing that I may only restore a few more, and having some of these paintings may make up for it. Maintenance is cheaper as well!!
    Best,
    Maldwin
  4. KPAEsq

KPAEsq New Member

Enticer and 2 more Trumpy/style...

at Poughkeepsie, New York. I believe 'Enticer' is roughly same dimensions of 'Serenia.'

Attached Files:

5. gerrym

gerrym New Member

Much to my delight I was pointed here by Google while doing some research on a John Austin Taylor that my father-in-law had of his New York Yacht, the RoRoLa. A 1931 63.7 foot my wife's family owned for many years. Much of the specifics about this watercolor have been scattered after the sale of their family business in 1998. The family business also owned the Sequoia (a 104' Trumpy I believe) for a number of years, and it was used on his 70th birthday in 1997 to cruise the harbor here in Norfolk, VA. Don't want to hijack this thread by posting one or the other, so I will post a reduced size picture of the John Austin Taylor watercolor of the RoRoLa, and a reduced size photo of the Sequoia docked in Norfolk around 1997 or so.

I would much enjoy it if rawells, you could tell me if you have access to the records of the RoRoLa art work. My wife has this in the frame, and it hangs in our den. It came from her Dad's office a few years back after his passing.

Gerry-

(hopefully these will post okay at roughly 640)

Attached Files:

6. Manusel

Manusel Member

Joe Selby often did multiple works of the same yacht.
    I wonder where in the heck the idea started that John Austin Taylor was black!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.