Click for Abeking Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Westport Click for Westport Click for Delta

Trumpy houseboat layout , change ?

Discussion in 'Trumpy Yacht' started by Edwardc1949, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Edwardc1949

Edwardc1949 New Member

I see under Trumpy Yachts for sale that a few 61' houseboat style have a master and one guest while some have a master and a port and starboard guest rooms . My question is, could a 2 stateroom yacht be reconfigured to a 3 stateroom yacht ? Would there be structural problem/issue or just moving/building new bulkheads and moving a head ? I'am sure it would be costly .

Thanks,

Edward
  2. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

Hello Edwardc1949, Welcome to YachtForums. If you have enough money to throw at a refit - anything is certainly possible. There is currently a good inventory of Trumpy Houseboats available on the market with various layouts. There seem to be galley up and down, two aft staterooms and three, and one with galley down, two staterooms aft and a dining salon. Lots to look at and consider.
  3. maldwin

maldwin Senior Member

I agree with Eric, but would advise you wait for one that meets you requirements, and is in good shape. Refit/redesign will always be more expensive than paying more for a boat that is already redone.

Best,
    Maldwin
  4. Edwardc1949

Edwardc1949 New Member

Thanks , I was just wondering if there were structual issues . Finding something as close as possible wouild certainly best , and less expensive !

THanks ,
    Edward