Click for Abeking Click for Perko Click for Burger Click for MotorCheck Click for YF Listing Service

Transducer Speed\Temp Fix Found

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by mwwhit1, Jan 22, 2017.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. mwwhit1

mwwhit1 Senior Member

Over the past two years, both the speed and temp on my Furuno fishfinder stopped working. Depth\fish finding still works fine. I have the pretty common Airmark B744V tri-ducer. I thought it was corroded connections, cleaning\spraying, no help. I figured I had to buy a whole new transducer and go through the hassle of replacing and rewiring up to the bridge this winter.

Through some internet searching, I found out this is a common problem and they sell a new insert that fixes the temp\speed problem!! Nothing to do with connections or the fishfinder unit. Took me maybe two hours to install yesterday and both are working again. A balmy 46.8 degrees yesterday according to my new insert :) You basically splice the new insert into the existing cable going to the bridge.

Thought I would share in case anyone has this going on and may spend hundreds more than they need to replacing the whole transducer. The pic of the insert is the old one that is replaced with an exact copy but has wiring attached to it now.
    20170121_142229_resized.jpg 20170121_142036_resized.jpg 20170121_142014_resized.jpg