Click for Nordhavn Click for Delta Click for Walker Click for MotorCheck Click for Burger

The Meanest Predator yet!

Discussion in 'Sunseeker Yacht' started by superyachtie, Sep 18, 2005.

1. mr_sunseeker

mr_sunseeker New Member

M3 is the Predator used in the new Bond flick.
  2. Teenna

Teenna New Member

*That's a hella HP for a 105 sport yacht...she must do 23 knots downhill.:D

*As far as the engine room layouts...you have yet to enter to 105 before you get scared. I'm petite, but I don't know for you...

*And back to notorious quality of the Sunseekers...naaaah, I wouldn't even enter that. But I liked the second crew bed on the 82 open. I thought it was small drawer, but then I tried to enter legs forward...and as I said I'm petite...my God. Abu Graib was a 5-star hotel compared to that.
  3. Talon

Talon Senior Member

Hi Teenna,

Laugh:D 23 Knots downhill, more like rolling down a large slipway after a push.

I take it that the 108's are 'MEAN':cool:
    But have the space of a boarding kennels, the same as a box:eek:

If I was given a 108 to test, I wouldn't turn it down, but would prefer the CRN128:D :D
  4. Mangusta

Mangusta New Member

a new post after 1.5year :D , in Golf Juan (France) there was a Sunseekershop, and there was a scalemodel of the 108' predator, really beautiful, but how much does a real 108' predator cost?
  5. mr_sunseeker

mr_sunseeker New Member

How much was the model? lol

There's a used 2005 108 on the market for $8.4 mil. I believe that the new price is in excess of GBP £8 mil and that coloured paint is extra! When you get one please remember me :D
  6. Mangusta

Mangusta New Member

I don't know how old you are , but when I can afford a 108' we will be both death for along time :D , the scale model was'nt one you can buy, just a show model;)
  7. Mov-it!

Mov-it! New Member

Sunseekers or any series yachts remain the best driving school for potential custom owners. Once you have received your custom you know what you have to put up with the last couple of years :D
  8. oneday333

oneday333 New Member

The Sunseeker Predator 108 is amazing yacht! I am interested as to what some of you think are strong competitors to this amazing work of art. Pershing 115? Wally 118?
  9. mr_sunseeker

mr_sunseeker New Member

Depends how you mean, because in price, a Wall 118 is in a different league. Also it's nice to have the draft that jets give. But if I can print my own money and just want an "sport" yacht over 100ft, I would charter all the ones you mentioned and then decide. In addition to those you mentioned, I'd also charter the Azimut 103s which is really a fly, but has awesome lines and huge glass roof. How about you?
  10. oneday333

oneday333 New Member

I completely agree with you Mr_Sunseeker. The price ranges vary and it would be nice to get onboard all of the competitors and see which one is best. I tend to like the more modern interior in yachts. I like the Sunseeker 108 predator, but the Pershing for many reasons seems to be more luxurious. I am sure that you know ALOT more than I do, especially about the more technical aspect of these yachts, but to my knowledge the Pershing seems more luxurious than the Sunseeker. Just from your profile name I think you might have something to say.

-Sorry for ametuer knowledge lol
  11. mr_sunseeker

mr_sunseeker New Member

I'm no expert, I just have an opinion. The largest 3 GRP yachts I've been on are Seeker 105 fly and an Azimut 105 and Pershing 90.

I agree the interiors of some Sunseekers look a bit "grandad" next to other offerings out there. But after a few years they will maybe look less dated as they aren't so much "fashion" yachts.

I would love a Wally 118, but would prefer if built in Holland! And put in a custom interior which is a mix between Wally 118, Pershing 115, Riva 115 and Azimut "S" style interior.

I think Wally is more like a Lotus, Sunseeker remind me of older luxury Jaguars with the wood and things.

I like Pershing's 115 and think they are better built than some of the above. Actually thinking about it they are inbetween minimal Wally interiors at one end of the spectrum and Riva and Azimut, then Sunseeker is at the opposite end of the spectrum. Pershing looks so modern. For eg I love the way the bed appears to be floating from some angles (quite a bold thing to do on a yacht since it kinda says we/you don't care so much about storage space!) Their white exterior fittings seem very restrained and modern. Almost like a hospital, a friend remarked once!

So I gravitate to the modern, more minimalist design, but would like a bit of added class and luxury with occasional use of marble, wood and carbon fibre. But I think some people would have a fit at putting a ganite or marble galley top or bathroom wall in a Wally that was built with carbon and titanium!
  12. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

13. oneday333

oneday333 New Member

I was looking through my pictures on my computer and I came across a picture of Shiver. My friend who does not know much about yachts was looking and said "That is not a real yacht, it does not look real!!!" I thought it was really funny. Shiver is an awesome yacht. For sale and sold? new name? I have heard a few things.
  14. NoLimit

NoLimit New Member

Now, for a yacht of this magnitude, wouldn't you want it to have more than a 450 NM range? I thought that it was interesting that the Sunseeker 34 meter has a 1250 NM range and the Predator 108 only has 450. I suppose it is like comparing a Lamborghini to a Hybrid sedan? Any thoughts or comments on the limited range?
  15. Talon

Talon Senior Member

I think the 450nm range is at Wide Open Throttle (42knots for triple engine config and 32knots for twin), whereas the cruising range would equate to around 1200nm or so.

The standard fuel bunkers for the PRED 108 are just 11000 litres, but the prestigious black 'Shiver' was configured with extended tanks to 21000 litres, which makes her endurance quite a bit (as discussed on this thread).

There are other comparible sized yachts that have far greater range and some that don't, such as:-
    Heesen's AA Absolute - 33000litres WOT=45knots. Range 2800nm at cruise.
    CRN's Custom Line 128 Anne Marie - 28000 litres WOT=24 knots. Range at cruise of 20kts is just 600nm.

All in all the Predator 108 doesn't do to bad, just depends on how far forward the throttles are.
  16. NoLimit

NoLimit New Member

Thank you for that helpful insight. That explains a lot. It definitely makes more sense now.
  17. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

A few years ago I was bringing a 60 Pred. to Florida with the owner (who only knew WOT). Leaving Hilton Head I told him to keep it about 1800 and we'll make Ft. Pierce by about 7PM. As soon as we were out of the marina down went the throttles. We made great time doing 36 kts. Of course after we had to stop at Canaveral for fuel we still hit Ft. Pierce at 7PM. We just burned a few hundred extra gallons.:rolleyes:
  18. NoLimit

NoLimit New Member

I wish the Sunseeker website would post a maximum cruising range rather than the range at full speed, or at least both. A 60' predator doing that kind of distance is very reassuring.
  19. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Count on published cruising range stats only if you keep a set of oars handy. They're an estimate. You'll find a big difference between 6 kts & 36kts. You also won't get to the bottom of most tanks (nor would you want to). Generally you get the numbers at cruise speed or max range. Most builders don't advertise the stats @ WOT because a) you shouldn't be running there much & b) they don't want to shock you (for that Pred it was about 70gph cruise vs; 106gph WOT).
  20. NoLimit

NoLimit New Member

Thank you very much for the comment. That also puts things into perspective. From a sales point of view, I suppose that is understandable.