Click for Abeking Click for Northern Lights Click for Abeking Click for Westport Click for Burger

The Boardwalk

Discussion in 'Westport Yacht' started by mjcatexmor, Jul 4, 2010.

1. mjcatexmor

mjcatexmor New Member

Can anyone tell me some info about The Boardwalk that has been in Cabo for the past week? Much appreciated.
  2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

3. mjcatexmor

mjcatexmor New Member

Some similarities ... but this is not it. The Boardwalk in Cabo right now has a helicopter and looks newer.
  4. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Is the one in Cabo - Bigger? Smaller? Different style?

Can you post a few pictures of it?

Most builders like to have some sort of name plate or insignia on their products, if you can get close to it you might be able to see one of these yourself.

If you see one of the crew ashore you could always ask the innocent question of, Where was that fine looking yacht built?
  5. captholli

captholli Senior Member

Boardwalk

launched two weeks ago in Port Angeles, Wa. New style Westport 164 with redesigned fashion plates etc.
  6. PropBet

PropBet Senior Member

For reference- that was Boardwalk when she splashed, and with her new owner, she was renamed "Fighting Irish" and has been listed for sale for some time now. You'll find her in the brokerage sites.
  7. mjcatexmor

mjcatexmor New Member

If it helps at all ... it appears to be registered from George Town.
  8. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

It would probably help more if you read Post No 5 of this thread. I think the poster has hit the nail on the head as a bit of googling tends to support this.
  9. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

This is true, the latest W164 is indeed hull # 5007 (50-meter number 7) named "Boardwalk". She is mostly all-white with dark windows. Black pinstripe boot, all white domes.
  10. Dreaming

Dreaming New Member

A few days ago an yacht by the name "Boardwalk" came into the marina here in Aruba.

(Sorry for low quality picture, taken with my phone)

[​IMG]
  11. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Dreaming, thanks for posting this picture. Your thoughts on the identity of the owner, as well as the same from a couple of other posters, have been deleted due to privacy reasons.
  12. bigboatbill

bigboatbill Senior Member

Why are so many so hyper-sensitive about folks taking photographs or speaking of objects that exist in the public domain? If you dont want anyone to see your yacht then dont buy one or have it hauled to your own personal shed and never open the door. There is a derth of information pertaining to yachts, owners, guests, etc...all over. I stumble onto tons of yacht information while reading business journals. Many owners give interviews to print and video media about their boats. I have seen many of these "reclusive" owners on late night cable programming on "yacht documentaries" etc. I recently posted a link to the site of one of this site's advertisers as it held information that was interesting and informative to the subject of yachts and in direct response to the momentum of the thread. The owner of the yacht in question had given the interview along with a picture of himself. Surely this reputable yacht builder would not jeapordize their reputatioin and respect of a client without his consent. There is certainly a line dividing good and bad taste, but the propagation of widely known or acceptabe information on a respectable forum for and by enthusiasts seems to embody the simplest form of communication between like minded individuals.
  13. Ward

Ward Senior Member

Given that some of the people here do have inside information, it makes sense that they would rather err on the side of the site having the reputation of respecting and maintaining the privacy of owners.

It's easier to have a blanket policy "no discussion of owners," than to argue about what information is already public and what's not. Much as I'd like to know some of the behind-the-scenes details of some of the yachts, it makes sense to only tolerate the most widely-known stuff, e.g. that Ellison owns Rising Sun.
  14. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

Didn't I just read almost this same thing over in another thread?
  15. Capt Bill11

Capt Bill11 Senior Member

What is the name of that marina? Thanks.
  16. Dreaming

Dreaming New Member

It's the Renaissance Marina ;)
  17. pidge608

pidge608 New Member

Boardwalk

I saw the yacht named Boardwalk (including the helicopter) at the Atlantis Marina in the Bahamas on Friday 9/3/10. It's registered in George Town, CI.:D
  18. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Boardwalk in Ft. Lauderdale, near Shooters...

Attached Files:

19. Yacht News

Very nice pics of the new "Boardwalk" on the builders site. Travel there by clicking on the Westport Banners on the border. She is hull 5007.
  20. Yacht News