Click for Abeking Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder Click for Burger Click for Perko

Targa 58 Pictures in Custom Metallic Silver

Discussion in 'Fairline Yacht' started by T.K., Feb 9, 2011.

1. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

The Targa 58 won the Motor Boat Of The Year Awards 2011 in the "sportcruiser above 45ft" category.

Attached Files:

2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

It's all a matter of taste, but I don't like it. IMHO I feel that the metalic paints make a boat look glitzy and cheap. The boat itself looks like a Sea Ray with rectangular holes cut in the side with no rhyme nor reason.
    (Off subject, I hope all is well for you during these troubled times.)
  3. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I disagree Cap. I think the color makes it look richer, better finished. And while the untrained eye might see a SeaRay, the rest of us know it's a Fairline... a very good boat.
  4. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

I'm quite familiar with Fairlines.:cool: Like I said: it's simply a matter of taste.
  5. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

(Off subject: Who said we are going through troubled times.....we are experiencing a great time. You are influenced by American media!)

CAP, you need to hang around good boats more often to be able to establish the difference between an elegant boat and a cheap Sea Ray ;).........
  6. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Glad it's going so well. The foolish American media said people got killed. I used to run a 68' Targa. Didn't like it; don't like this. Guess I just have bad taste.
  7. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

People have to get killed in a revolution, it's inevitable.

You definitely have bad taste CAP ;)........Fairline never had a Targa 68, the largest was a Targa 64 which I currently have.
  8. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

.....LOL!
  9. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Correct it was the 64, and I didn't like it. The Squadrons I do. That's the thing with taste. Even those with none are entitled to have it.
  10. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

You are a different generation CAP, you won't like sport cruisers. You probably also don't like 2-door sports cars.
  11. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Yes I am. Sport cruisers I like. Spent several years on a 50' Viking SC. Also like SF, trawlers and FBMYs. Express cruisers are not my favorite (except in rough water) although I run a lot of them. Once I cross 50' I like a house and bridge helm, but I'm fairly flexible. Just didn't like that Targa. We had lots of electric problems (windows, etc.) and didn't like the "crew quarters" at all. There were other problems as well. I Just prefer the Sunseekers in that style and size. I also don't like those metalic finishes, but, like you say, a different generation.
  12. SHAZAM

SHAZAM Senior Member

The windows on the hullside look awful.
  13. jfm

jfm New Member

Love it. Looks very nice in silver imho. A customised (silverised) tender would look good on the stern if you're feeling extravagent :). There is one in Ipswich right now that is about to be painted silver, then shipped to Dubai.

And the best thing about that boat is that the inside is even cooler than the exterior; beautiful contemporary interior design and very well assembled

TK-430, when you called MH last Friday to talk about door latch and he said he was doing a seatrial, he was actually driving my s78. I was on board with him heading out into that brown liquid called the North Sea, from Fairline's ipswich dock. We had the tech guys from the stabs company onboard and were doing all the settings in the stabiliser software.

Off topic, glad to hear you're ok and I hope things settle down politics-wise asap;
  14. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

Hi........it was a pleasure meeting you at LBS. I was impressed by the level of custom work on your S78.

The Targa 58 currently in Ipswich which will be painted silver is also mine. I did build a custom metallic silver Willimas RIB for the silver Targa 58.

Hope to see you again soon and good luck with your S78.

Thanks jfm and best regards, TK

Attached Files:

15. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

The silver looks great. It is also a nice change from white or blue.
  16. vivariva

vivariva Senior Member

Congratulations on your new purchase, so you are familiar with the Fairline brand? :)
  17. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

A little ;)......
  18. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

Vivariva, Did you miss the build thread of his 78?
    It was fascinating.
  19. vivariva

vivariva Senior Member

On the contrary, I followed it with great interest. It was an attempt of dry humor. ;)
  20. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

Sorry, I missed that. I knew you were around for it. I must have been tired or something.