Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Nordhavn Click for JetForums Click for Northern Lights Click for Abeking

Systems status panel

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Capt Bill11, Jan 24, 2015.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Capt Bill11

Capt Bill11 Senior Member

Does anybody happen to know who makes custom vessel systems indicator panels? The type where the panel has a silhouette of the vessel on it with lights that indicated what systems, pumps, lights, etc. on board are active.
  2. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

What engines are you dealing with?
  3. Capt Bill11

They are CATs. But I just need the panel to indicate with lights when bilge pumps, shower sumps and certain lights are on. It's to replace an existing panel. So the vast majority of the wiring is in place.
  4. olderboater

Ah....I was thinking of people who provide systems, not panels only. The ones I know who are capable aren't going to do a project that small. People like Crestron will program anything. You might check with them. They might be able to refer you somewhere if they won't do it. MTU offers it but again part of MTU systems.
  5. NEO56

NEO56 Member

Most Yacht builders made their own, Westship, Westport, etc. Either that or they are made by another manufacturer with the Yacht Builders name silk screened on it. I'm guessing a google search will answer your question. If not contact Marine Electronic Installation, they'll be able to find you one.
  6. d_meister

d_meister Senior Member

I've replaced an original panel with boat outlines, bilge pump, nav light, and other tell tales on a Riviera 58 made by Technografic in Fort Lauderdale when the original was damaged. They make them for a number of manufacturers. I have no association with the company other than as a past customer. Use the spelling and add Fort Lauderdale in google. Otherwise, I've designed them from scratch and gone to a large engraving firm in San Diego. I tried trophy shops and the like, but no joy. Finding a high-end engraving company willing to be involved is a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. Most didn't seem to like to wander out of their comfort zone, and there may not be any real cost savings unless you do the design work and electrical interface yourself.
    technografic.jpg
    The picture is before I installed the LED's and lightwire.
  7. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

What boat is the panel on (manufacturer)? Have you tried the manufacturer? Most are made for a manufacturer only and have a small circuit board in them.
  8. olderboater

He's right that they should be able to replicate it.
  9. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Some aren't able to like the Searay panels prior to the square one....maybe pre 2002.
  10. P46-Curaçao

P46-Curaçao Senior Member

Curaçao (CW), Hollywood (FL) and Amsterdam (NL)
    Prospect Plastics, can certainly do the job for you!

Address: 836 NE 44th Street, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33334
  11. Capt Bill11

I tried Google first. No joy. Perhaps I wasn't using the correct nomenclature.

I should have thought of Prospect Plastics. And now that you mention it I have seen the location of http://www.tecnografic.com so I'll stop by and talk with them.

It's for an 82' Horizon. But we want to add and change some lights. So I think it would be easier to deal with some one local.

Thanks
  12. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Prospect plastics is very good I know Robert over there very well. Also Rick at Edco does good work also. Both are capable of making a plexi (or other material) panel for you.
  13. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I used Prospect Plastics years ago to fabricate a flybridge access door on our Broward. Work was good, but if it's pricey there are other plastic suppliers with engraving capability in adjoining cities/counties. If you can supply a .dwg or illustrator file, most of them have engraving equipment.
  14. Capt Bill11

Thanks. I've used Prospect Plastic for years for a lot jobs and have always been happy with their work. They just didn't register in my mind for this.

Ah the joys of getting older. :)
  15. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Edco can do all of the engraving as well. Their main location is in Hollywood, but they have several satellite locations all over Broward.
  16. Capt Bill11

Just wanted to say thanks to d_meister for the refferal to Tecnografic. They did a great job on the panels we needed and they did them in a timely fashion as well as for a fair price.

Their custom panel tech Corey was a pleasure to work with.

Based on my experience I highly recommend them.

http://www.tecnografic.com/
  17. d_meister

d_meister Senior Member

Capt Bill11,
    You're welcome, and thank you for reporting back. I'm pleased that it worked out.