Click for Northern Lights Click for Mulder Click for Burger Click for Delta Click for Nordhavn

Sycara

Discussion in 'Burger Yacht' started by RichardLillard1, Jun 25, 2007.

1. RichardLillard1

RichardLillard1 New Member

I have read that Sycara is due for launch this summer and I am curious as to if there are plans to do a review of the yacht on this forum?

Richard
  2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

I think Carl will be there for the launching so hopefully we will get a review as well...:)
  3. RichardLillard1

I hope so, this yacht has held a great deal of interest for me. Does anyone have any pictures of the progress on her? Burger's website hasn't had any progress pictures in a while.

Richard
  4. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

5. RichardLillard1

Thanks for the link, I've also found a couple things on Burger's media page but not much in terms of seeing her construction.

Her general arrangement was featured in Southern Boating in September of '05. Its very interesting, I don't think I've seen a setup quite like hers on a modern yacht. The raised bridge is modern but the overall layout of the decks is quite different.
  6. Yacht News

No prob..:)

She should launch pretty soon though...
  7. RichardLillard1

I read she's due for delivery in Sepember of this year, so how long before that time are yachts usually completed?

I'm used to the timeline of ocean liners and cruise ships and I don't know if that's any different.

Richard
  8. Yacht News

Well depending on the size and complexity and detailing and requirements from the owner and stuff like that. Some yachts take 2 years from keel laying to delivery or launch.

But from the time the yacht is launched, once everything goes well such as seatrials and other testing, yachts are usually delivered about a month or two after launching. It depends though.
  9. RichardLillard1

Thanks for the info YachtLuver. I really hope Carl can get some pictures of her as she goes into the water, I am really interested in this hull design and I am curious as to her prop setup.

I am guessing its a standard shaft setup but I wonder if that kind of hull could be fitted with Azipods?

Richard
  10. davidg

davidg New Member

Sycara Pic

This is Sycara being moved from one shed to another. You can see that a summer launch is not for 2007 but maybe 2008.

Attached Files:

11. RichardLillard1

Thanks for the info and the pic David, do you have any others or know where I could see more?

I read that she's due for launch in September, I wonder if maybe that date has been pushed back?

Richard
  12. Yacht News

If that is a current photo, then obviously the date had to be pushed back. I also read she was due for september this year. So if the pic is anything to go by a launch period of Spring to Summer 08 is on the cards
  13. davidg

davidg New Member

3 weeks ago

I dont know where you can find any pix. Im at Burger overseeing another build and I saw them moving it 3 weeks ago so I snapped a pic.
  14. RichardLillard1

Thanks for the information. Given that it was three weeks ago when you took that picture I would say being ready by September is not in the cards for her.
  15. BurgerCarpenter

BurgerCarpenter New Member

Last I heard Sycara or Hull 500 as we affectionatly called her had stopped production along with TIME 4 US which the owners completly backed out of earlier in the year, she is for sale on the company website though, and I believe Hull 507 had also stopped production due to some engineering issues.
  16. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Richard,
    Do a search on YF as I think there are several other threads that discuss the goings on at Burger and yacht Sycara.
    From some recent news clips, I think Sycara is going to be at least another year if not more, before being ready.
    BurgerCarpenter, what has been the "mood" since David announced his stepping down? Sure hope the Burger name stays around for a while. many great vessels have come out of that yard.