Click for Mulder Click for Northern Lights Click for Nordhavn Click for JetForums Click for Glendinning

Sweden set for boat driver's licence

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by YachtForums, Apr 7, 2008.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. PacBlue

PacBlue Senior Member

Yes, that is a very noble thought indeed. But by the very definition of an accident - "an unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury" , this is not a high probability proposition. A very base license / safety course (non age limitation) and open access to on the water experience is my preferred approach.

I generally do not support restrictions to access of recreational activities, especially with our youth. This approach just gives them more reasons to keep away from boating, shrinking our boating population, and limiting experiences for the young to their PS4 or Intendo machines.
  2. Anna09

Anna09 New Member

There have been many accidents that I have heard of due to utter carelessness. This happens when people think it's cool to care less. I think exactly opposite. I did a course before getting my license and my coach focused mainly on safety and rules to abide by. [commercial link deleted] I feel more confident, now that I have a license.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2015