Click for Burger Click for Delta Click for Burger Click for Furuno Click for YF Listing Service

swallowing pride, begging, on my knees

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Packinair, Oct 25, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Packinair

Packinair New Member

anyone going to have a yacht as a turnboat or just to watch the key west races this year that can spare a space? pretty pretty plaese with sugar on top? I have never been on a BIG yacht :D
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Packinair...

I don't think we'll make it to Key West this year, but you would be welcome to join us if we did.

On a side note... I've spent some time on a 23' Sanger back in the 80's. I was going to buy one, but ended up getting a 24 Skater (hull #6) from Peter Hledin.

You've done a great job with the restoration of yours. :)
  3. John B

John B Senior Member

What are the dates of these races?
  4. Packinair

Packinair New Member

November 14-21
  5. YachtForums

Let me see if I've got this straight...

You want to travel to the southern most point in the United States,
    to a tiny island so close to Cuba it's not democratic by geographic association,
    connected by a 7-mile bridge barely wide enough for a mini-Cooper,
    to watch 40-something teenagers trash 100's of thousands of dollars in equipment to earn a $50 trophy that can purchased over the internet? :eek:

World Champs in Key West, huh? Hhhmmmm... most of my life, I would have raced you to get there. But, over the years a little wisdom has been bestowed on me and certain questions come to mind, like...

1. Where's the drink holder?
    2. What do you mean I have to urinate in my suit?
    3. You mean it only goes fast for a little while and then you have to fix it?

And my favorite quote from my brother the first time he went for a ride in my 28' Skater... "There's something fundamentally wrong about boating with a helmut!" :D

All in fun guys! ;)
  6. Packinair

Packinair New Member

YUP that pretty much sums it up only there will be closer to 100 race boats :D
  7. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

Hey Packin
    Nice to see you here!
    I discovered this site just after I sold Wild Child (the outerlimits) a while back.
    Speaking of key west, four years ago, right about now, we were celebrating winning the first race at the worlds in Key West :D Gremlins took their toll during race #2 & we ended up 3rd overall :mad:
    If I had my 42 Post in FL this year, I'd gladly offer up a space for you. I decided not to take the Post down this winter. It is actually up for sale (cheap cheap :( )because I bought a 50 Bertram sport fish.
    I believe all the speed freaks will go down this road eventually (don't get me wrong, I definately miss it).

See ya
    Dave (aka DJD)
  8. Packinair

Packinair New Member

YOU SELL OUT :p I am getting to that point.. I think the cat might have to go and get me a big slow boat with a cabin, room for more than 4 and all that good stuff.. MY GOD!! I am getting old at 29 :rolleyes: Are you going to KW this year?? it seems nearly everyone is cause OSS,SBI, and APBA are all running .. should be a GREAT show I am going down like the 10th to get a good seat :D
  9. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

Believe me, this is the WRONG time for my wife to be giving birth. Of all the Key West races I have been to, I am missing the big one.
    She is due in a week or so. I definately will not be able to obtain a hall pass :mad:
    Don't worry about going slower. You get used to it quickly and all the amenities sure are nice. The chicks don't mind it either ;)
    Be sure to keep in touch with friends with very fast boats though, a thrill ride every so often keeps the sanity!!
  10. YachtForums

I think John B. is bringing his Azimut down to Lauderdale around the same time as the races. If he's up for it, maybe we'll tote the Powerplay down to Key West and hang for a day.

Whatta ya think John?
  11. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

There ya have it, our fearless leader stepping up to the plate as usual :D
    I wish I could be there..........
  12. YachtForums

It won't be any fun without you Dave. Walking around the wet-pits with you is like being with a celebrity. People asking for your autograph, women throwing themselves at you. How much do you pay all those people? ;)