Click for Westport Click for Northern Lights Click for Nordhavn Click for JetForums Click for Abeking

Super Ships on Discovery Channel now

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by catmando, Apr 13, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. catmando

catmando Senior Member

Check it out!! :)
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Missed it. :( (you're an hour behind us on the eastcoast). But I did catch an episode of American Chopper, which had me wondering about the possibilities of a "theme" yacht.

In a sense, maybe this has already been done, i.e., Skat, Izanami, etc? Has the time come for a good Pirate Yacht? If so, this might be a good tender... :D

More pics... http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2071

Attached Files:

3. gomaarten

gomaarten Guest

......There is never a good time for a pirate yacht..... one Bart Roberts is more than enough for the megayacht world! ;)
  4. Motoryacht

Motoryacht Member

What's the story with Bart Roberts?
  5. gomaarten

gomaarten Guest

She's an explorer type yacht, with a bit of a pirate theme.. (check out the painting in her dining room...)

I think she is currently for sale for about $ 15 mil. which I guess is a pretty good deal.

She could be considered a bit unsophisticated in the eyes of some..
  6. catmando

catmando Senior Member

The Disc. program was about a container ship and how it maneuvers through the Dover Straights. Also of interest was the automated loading and unloading of the containers. The cranes are still run by humans, but the container cars are automated.