Click for Northern Lights Click for Westport Click for Nordhavn Click for Westport Click for Mag Bay

Sunrise Yachts in Turkey

Discussion in 'Sunrise Yacht' started by Capt Bill11, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Capt Bill11

Capt Bill11 Senior Member

Anybody know anything about the Sunrise Yachts shipyard in Turkey?

And/or the boat they built named "Africa"?
  2. I know the yard,they are based in Antalya,Turkey.

First vessel finished,which was also in Monaco show last year is Africa.. according to recent news she was sold last months.

At the moment they have one newbuild in the yard, guess is sitership to Africa.the same news said that they signed a contract with CNI for a 61m.
  3. Capt Bill11

Capt Bill11 Senior Member

Thanks. It's my understanding as of today it's still for sale.

Do you know or have you heard anything about the over all quality of their workmanship and the end product?
  4. Although we are doing job in that area currently,have not worked with Sunrise so far.but I know they have done very good investment in terms of infrastructure at least,(say it the best in the Antalya free zone area

Also have heard some good feedbacks in Monaco for "Africa"

Of course it was the first vessel of them,but seems with the right specifications and quality control and owner's involvement the region is capable of doing very nice boats under a reasonable price
  5. Wanderer

Wanderer New Member

Check out their website http://www.sunriseyachts.com. I have not heard any in depth feedback on Sunrise other than they compare favourably with their Turkish competitors. Of course it is early days for them.
  6. Crewagency

Crewagency Guest

Sunrise

I know the Shareholder very well. He is German and when he started with planning his own 42m Yacht he expects the best of the best. So the first Yacht " Africa " was so well done that he got an offer in the final building stage and sells it.
    Than he starts a 2nd one for himself with the same quality and same happened to him "Sold " . Right the have a contract now for 60m+ and I am sure that also will be a high quality Yacht. He like the best of the best and that reflects also in this Custom Harley Davidson that is always part ( gift ) of each Sunrise Yacht.
    Many west European experts are involved in the buildings and I would guess that if they would build in the Netherlands or Germany the Yacht would be double in the price.
  7. nilo

nilo Senior Member

I think "Africa" is still for sale (she was in Cannes) and as to my knowledge the 2nd boat is at hold.
  8. Today news on Turkish newspaper says Sunrise 45m is sold to a Russian businessman for 17million dollars after Cannes Boat Show.
    The press is actually quoting Sunrise'General Manager's words regarding the sale!

http://www.milliyet.com.tr/luks-yat...a/09.10.2010/1299427/default.htm?ref=haberici
  9. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Mhm Sunrise yachts says on their website that their in build project is 61m long?!:confused: But I think the recently sold secound project is 63m...
  10. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

The sistership to "Africa", project 'Sunset' is said to be on schedule and expected for June 2013. We will wait and see!

Attached Files:

11. Yacht News

I know by now you guys know about the other Skyfall project being done by Sunrise Yachts..

Attached Files:

12. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

A pretty successful FLIBS 2014 for Sunrise yachts! According to another superyacht publication they signed contracts for a 45m (sister of "Atomic/Africa") a 55m and 60m project with deliveries in 2017/18. Additionally there are a 57m, two 63m and one 68m yacht under construction at Sunrise yacht.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2014
  13. Yacht News

More on the "Skyfall" project...

14. Yacht News

Video of the "Irimari" superyacht launch...