Click for Furuno Click for Mag Bay Click for Burger Click for Nordhavn Click for JetForums

Shipping a boat internationally...any advice?

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by dillweedhole, Mar 23, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. dillweedhole

dillweedhole New Member

Greetings,

I absolutely love the forums here and have been lurking for sometime now -- this is my first post so please be gentle. ;)

I am looking into shipping a 41' powerboat from Seattle, WA USA to Southeast Asia. I have never had any experience with this sort of thing and figured there might be a few folks on here who could give me some advice or point me in the right direction.

Does anyone know of any reputable shipping agents who specialize in this area?
    I'm looking for a one-stop shop that would coordinate everything necessary during the different stages.

Also, if you've ever shipped your own boat in this manner, can you offer any advice or alert me to potential problems that I might want to be aware of?

I appreciate all your help you guys!

Thanks. :)
  2. ISMYachts

ISMYachts New Member

You might want to check with Hanjin Shipping and APL-American President Lines on shipping your vessel to Aisa. Good Luck!