Click for Glendinning Click for Mag Bay Click for Abeking Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Nordhavn

Ship-mation monitoring and automation system not working

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by captain brian, Sep 25, 2017.

1. captain brian

captain brian New Member

Hello all,
    I captain a 72' mangusta with the above mentioned computer monitoring and controlling system. After hurricane irma hit and house batteries died, I returned to find my computer will not communicate with the brains. I am getting a "PLC1 communication error time-out.Can anyone help with this? I've tried locating the brains of the computer but no luck and without me taking my helm apart to trace lines, I can't seem to find it. Furthermore, I would like to reset alarms and limitations on the screen and have a so called manual but that offers me no support on how to do it. any help is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2017
  2. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Brian,

I've edited your post as the file you tried to attach wasn't viewable to forum users. To make a file viewable to all you'll have to upload the image to the YF server using the "Upload a File" button.
  3. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Somewhere, usually hidden, is your network & I/O hubs.
    If they were on when you started bringing your batteries back up, They may be in a POST lock up.

These devices are usually always on regardless of power switches and breakers, like an auto bilge pump their fuses are buried somewhere special.
    Since you don't know where the stuff is, You may not know where the fuses are, that is why I'm recommending disconnecting at the batteries.
    Once your batteries are all charged, shut the ships monitor computer down, turn the boat chargers off, get your correct wrenches, a helper with a flash light, turn the boat off. Disconnect all batteries from the boat for a minute, then smartly reconnect them all.
    This will power fail-boot the network & I/O hubs and get you going when the monitor cpu comes up.
  4. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

The software is usually propitiatory and licensed only for use, not many adjustments are allowed.
    If I recall, the only user selectable option was Liters vs Imperial Gallons.
    That system was on a later 72' Hatteras.
  5. AGP22

AGP22 Member

Hi. If you have not fixed it, I can advise the only solution I know of is to send it to Overmarine in Viareggio, Italy, and have it reprogrammed. I had a similar issue. The monitor has the computer in it and interfaces through the VMS box with the boat's systems. There are no separate "brains", as in a separate computer hidden somewhere. Good luck.