Click for Furuno Click for Burger Click for Cross Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Perko

Seeking info on Miami Beach Marina, Miami

Discussion in 'Marinas & Waypoints' started by milesaweigh, Apr 19, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. milesaweigh

milesaweigh New Member

Looking for a nice marina in Miami, Fort Lauderdale area which allows liveaboards. From their website Miami Beach Marina looks to have a lot of what I am looking for. Any additional insight, pro or con, would be appreciated. Happy Boating...
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Miami Beach Marina is a nice marina and in South Beach. There is a surge and wake that goes through there a lot of times, and is much worse south of the Fuel Dock. If you can get a slip north of the fuel dock it can be nice. Sunrise Harbor, about a mile North of there has a much more protected marina, beautiful huge swimming pool, across the street from the grocery store and walking distance to South Beach as well.....and would be my choice.......Bayside marina can be interesting as well on the west side of the Bay if you're looking for restaurants and a little nightlife right at the marina
  3. CapLady

CapLady Senior Member

Yes, check out Sunset Harbor Yacht club marina just north of Miami Beach Marina. I spent two winter seasons based there and it was really nice. Great pool! Great supermarket you just walk to.

http://www.sunsetharbouryc.com/
  4. Henning

Henning Senior Member

Depends on what you are looking for. If you are a quiet retired/family person, Sunrise Harbor is nice because all the nice ammenities of a sedate life are right there. If you are a degenerate skirt chaser and party animal, then there is no replacement for Miami Beach Marina. The actual docks at MBM leave a good bit to be desired, but you have Monty's right at the end of the dock as well as the dogwalk where the dogs walk their fine owners, and you can walk to Nikki Beach or Three Deuces depending on your style. MBM is not by any means cheap. One of my clients keeps his 61' VSC there during the winter season and I think it costs him about $4500 a month on the 6 month term.
  5. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Took a boat in and out of Miami Beach Marina a few times and kept hitting the bottom between the marina and the outlet.

10 feet draft, not sure if there has been any dredging going on in the area?
  6. milesaweigh

milesaweigh New Member

A big Thanks for the info. HENNING, I guess I would fall somewhere between a sedate retired guy and a degenerate skirt chaser. Not ready for the rocking chair yet but I can't hang with the real party animals for very long either
  7. BUIZILLA

BUIZILLA New Member

I don't know how that's possible... but, ;)
  8. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

South beach is too busy and crazy for many people and traffic in and out can be a pita. I really prefer the grove. Plenty of shops and restaurant, some night life, and just off I95/US1

dinner key allow liveaboards, well maintained and reasonable. Monty's (now called bayshore landing) is ok too. Grove harbor is nice too. A little more $$ but rightbehind the fresh market (great food store!)
  9. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Maybe younwent on the wrong side of Fisher? :)

or maybe the marina entrance is a bit shallower because there is plenty of water in the channels
  10. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

I didn't either, makes 2 of us.

Nope, didn't do drugs that time..:D
  11. Henning

Henning Senior Member

Well, if you don't mind the bill, then MBM has a lot of eye candy available and an easy walk home from brief forays into degeneracy...