Click for YF Listing Service Click for JetForums Click for Abeking Click for Burger Click for Burger

Seeking Captain or Experienced Deckhand

Discussion in 'Yacht Captains' started by markg, Jun 2, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. markg

markg New Member

Im seeking a Capt or Experienced Deckhand for this summer on my 60 M/Y in the New York area. Does anyone have any suggestions on ways to find a qualified individual that would like to live onboard for the summer in a great place.

Thanks
  2. Yachtmaster45

Yachtmaster45 New Member

Deckhand for New York yacht

I am currently in Chapman School Of Seamanship and graduating in a week, I've worked on a 65' Viking in Mexico for a little while and I have a lot of day work experience/drydock. I would love to send my resume to you when it is converted into electronic form and maybe set up an interview. I'm very respectful and classy, 20 years old, fit and clean shaven and well presented. I love to keep a yacht shining, out of my personal love for yachts, not just because its my job. If you want you can't give me a call at NUMBER REMOVED I'm in Ft Lauderdale but could easily fly to New York.
  3. Marmot

Marmot Senior Member

Captain - or deckhand ??

Do you mean it doesn't matter which? Is the pay the same for both?
  4. Yachtmaster45

Yachtmaster45 New Member

I was replying to the deckhand part of what you posted, do you need a captain/deckhand or captain and a deckhand? I'm an experienced deckhand and could gladly take the position for the summer
  5. Flying-V

Flying-V New Member

Royal Cinque Ports, Dover UK but I mainly work the
    Dear Sir,
    I write in response to your request for an experienced skipper to take captaincy of your 60' Motor Yacht for the summer season and would like to express my interest in this position.
    I am an experienced yachtsman holding MCA/RYA Yachtmaster Ocean (commercially endorsed) - STCW95 (advanced first aid, firefighting, sea survival etc) - GMDSS operator - RYA/MCA Day Skipper (Power) - RYA/MCA Powerboat level 2 - RYA marine diesel maintenance - MCA approved engine & Yacht maintenance - RYA small craft radar - MRO short range radio etc.
    I hold a current USA B1/B2 Visa and have experienced sailing the US eastern seaboard between Newport Massachusetts and Portland Maine as bosun/mate on a 63' Alaskan Motor Yacht and skipper on an Amel 53' ketch from Rockport Maine to St Lucia.
    I'm presently working in the Mediterranean but adore North East America and would enjoy a season's work there very much indeed.
    Please contact me for further details and my Curriculum Vitae.
    Kind Regards
    Vincent E Merton
  6. CaptGDunz

CaptGDunz Member

Message me if you are still looking for help.