Click for Abeking Click for Abeking Click for Mulder Click for Cross Click for Mag Bay

Security Cameras

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by JCote, Aug 14, 2015.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. JCote

JCote New Member

Hi All,

I am installing all new Ray Marine Nav & Radar. I am also installing new cameras. I'd like to see the camera feeds via a tablet, smartphone, or laptop. - when I'm off the boat. I have installed a router and WiFi amplifier (Wave WiFi's Rogue Pro), therefore I will have a "network". The Ray Marine 200 cameras are IP cameras but I haven't been able to get an answer from Ray Marine about whether or not I'll be able to remotely monitor these cameras.

Is there a system out there that I can remotely access my camera feeds?

Will the Ray Marine cameras work for this application?

Thank you for your time,

Capt. Jim
  2. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

The cameras will be hooked into your network so if you make your network remotely accessible through the web then you'll be able to monitor them remotely. Section 6.2 of the manual I'm looking at discusses the web browser interface.
  3. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Unless you use a satelite connection (expensive), the boat will need to be within range of a cell tower.
  4. Beau

Beau Senior Member

We use MobilFocus, but don't ask me any of the technical issues! My son set it up
  5. olderboater

I think he's talking about primarily being at a dock with Wifi availability, so that takes care of that need. If not, you're correct though. Still miss your video of your partial loop.
  6. olderboater

MobileFocus is a product of EverFocus. Actually it's the IOS and Android application that connects to EverFocus DVR's and IP Cameras, etc.