Click for YF Listing Service Click for Ocean Alexander Click for YF Listing Service Click for Cross Click for Furuno

Seattle to Vancouver; suggestions please...

Discussion in 'Marinas & Waypoints' started by YachtForums, May 26, 2009.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Ward

Ward Senior Member

As long as you love the rain!
  2. zudnic

zudnic Senior Member

The rain slows way down early April until about Sept. Lately though it seems never ending. For boating scenery to eating out at restaurants, plus our other outdoor activities. Its near impossible to beat Vancouver.
  3. rodsteel

rodsteel Member

Shhhh!! - Don't tell the rest of the world (rush hour is bad enough already :D )
  4. zudnic

zudnic Senior Member

I've decided to start a pro global warming campaign--turn the Gulf and San Juan Islands into the Caribbean!!!! Until than I wish the hippies let us build better highways in the 1970's instead of the current two lane roads going into the city!
  5. Ward

Ward Senior Member

I haven't checked the stats, it seems like it's been a lot wetter this year than usual. My wife and I have both lived here all our lives and this year we're both feeling like it's been soggier than we like.

Yeah, traffic sucks, but it was the right move keeping the freeways out of the city. Now if only everyone that's moved here since about 1979 would go away, it'd really be heaven on earth!
  6. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Common feeling. 3,500 mile east and we feel the same way.:cool:
  7. rodsteel

rodsteel Member

And (my brother tells me) there has been more snow than usual.
  8. zudnic

zudnic Senior Member

Born in the city so predates the 1979 cut off. Do agree the rain is worse over all that I can remember. Snow was not so bad, was a little more last year. I did an office run downtown today and a few people driving around with convertible tops down. Near Canada Place some TV or film being made and some models doing a photo shoot. Maybe the latter was for the Fairmont Harbor or Pacific Rim. No boats filling up at Chevron! Decided to beat traffic and leave early or I would have hit Urban Fare for take out and walked the marina..................