Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking Click for Walker Click for Westport Click for Burger

Scale yacht models

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Brian, Feb 18, 2018.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Brian

Brian Senior Member

Here’s a model we’ve been keeping under wraps for a while...
    We completed this back in July 2017 (along with two smaller scale versions), but held off from showing it as Ocean Alexander will be unveiling at the Miami show...today!
    This is their new Evan K Marshall designed 90’ yacht built at 1/2”=1’ scale making it 45” long!
    This was completely custom built from our shop following the 3dm and dwg CAD files and features soldered in brass railings and other goodies with chrome a finish, laser cut wood decking with engraved planking lines, high/low wood tables & “granite” topped cabinetry, BBQ, bar stools, radar, sat-domes, etc. The hull and cabin “glass” is black acrylic...not paint or stickers. The model is spray painted with quality automotive finishes.
    The model is bolted (concealed inside aluminum tube) to the aluminum trimmed mirror topped base fitted with a clear acrylic case.
    For more photos, visit our website below...
    Aggressive looking eh?
    We only build quality models...
    So, what can we build for you?www.brianklassenmodels.ca

Attached Files:

2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

If you're going to take a plug Brian, then you better make this thread worthwhile... let's see some more of your creations!
  3. Brian

Brian Senior Member

OK :)
    There are projects I have recently completed and am working on that I have to keep under wraps for a while.
    So to start, I'll post a few more photos of this 90' from Ocean Alexander...

Attached Files:

4. Brian

Brian Senior Member

Here's a model we built a while ago...a 61' Navigator. Unlike the previous OA90', this model is compatatively tiny at only 15" long. This was commissioned by two sons for their widowed mother on Mother's Day. They chose the small size, a waterline version and level of detail to suit their budget. Info was limited on this model so several photos and a rough layout plan and internet search provided enough to build. I received this "...I just wanted to let you know how overjoyed I was to receive the model you made of our yacht. It was my mother's day gift from my sons. It probably doesn't sound like the usual type of gift to your mother, but for me, it was probably the best gift I've ever received. I can just visualize my late husband on the bridge as we made our way to one of our favourite places to anchor. Even though I kept the yacht and ran it for almost 3 years after he passed away, I regretfully sold her. I now feel like I have her back. My sincere thanks for the beautiful job you did working just from limited photographs..."
    Hope you enjoy...

Attached Files:

5. Brian

Brian Senior Member

OK, now across the pond to Italy...This is a 1:40 highly detailed "whole hull" scale model of Terranova Yachts T85'. The model measures around 65cm / 26" long, so again, not a big model but lots of nice details including twin tenders up fwd, deck furniture (to match their renderings), "chromed" railings, anchor pocket, door & window trim, and those big freeing ports/hawse pipes! The model also has laser cut and engraved wood decking and mounted on a mirrored base with acrylic case. A nice salty look to this one :)

Attached Files:

6. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

Extremely beautiful and very delicate details.
  7. Brian

Brian Senior Member

Thanks TK!
    This next one is another big Ocean Alexander model designed by Evan K Marshall. This model is of their 112' and was built at 1/2"=1' scale so measures 56" long! It has all the same detailing as the many of our models.

Attached Files:

8. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Where are the micro babes?
    No SCALE model should be complete without (for us lookers)..
  9. Brian

Brian Senior Member

OK rcrapps...well, I dug into our previous models and this is as close to micro babes as we've done :) sorry if it's not enough!
    This one is from 2006, a 3/16"=1' scale model of Christensen's 157' "Barchetta". We built this as a spec marketing model for Christensen, then once they sold the project, we got it back to customize with all of the owner's features (colors, toys, tenders, name and such). This 30" model was built prior to our laser cutter and our "chroming" paint system, so not quite what we'd do now...Christensen's cabinetry shop supplied the beautiful Teak base.

Attached Files:

10. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Nice in red. Nice details?
    Model or from memory?
  11. Brian

Brian Senior Member

"Model or from memory"...the lady or boat? :) The figures are from model railroad, boat made be me!
    This next one is a 36' aluminum catamaran sportfish designed by fellow British Columbian Greg Marshall. The model is built at 5/8"=1' scale and measures around 24" long. No chrome on this one as white railings are emulating powdercoated railings, but I love the Mercedes metallic silver paint! There is a good amount of detailing on this one, with the laser cut & engraved wood decking, detailed upper & lower aft helm, cleats, rod holders, anchor...there is even a pair of downriggers, fish cleaning table, and a prawn trap puller!

Attached Files:

12. YachtForums

Unmistakable DNA; classic Greg Marshall design! Nice work Brian... :)
  13. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Ah, railroad figures figure.
    Your ship work is great.
  14. Brian

Brian Senior Member

Thanks!
    OK, how about sail?
    This is a highly detailed 1/2"=1' scale model of a Hylas 56'. This whole hull and full rig model is
    28" long and packed details like wood cockpit table, toe & grabrails and pushpit slat seats, "chromed" winches, railings, cowl vents, hatch and portlight frames, fairleads, chainplates, etc. and many laser cut details and shows major rigging. As with the majority of our models, the glass, portlights and hatches are black acrylic and and decks are laser cut & engraved wood.​

Attached Files:

15. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

You were batting over 1000.
    Glad you can do snail botes also. (ug).
    ;)
  16. Brian

Brian Senior Member

OK rcrapps, back to the power...
    This is a big 1/4"=1' scale model of a 210' Burger Boat concept that measured 53" long.
    Again, a highly detailed whole hull model with many details...
    Notable features are the removable helicopter, and interchangeable hot tubs on flybridge, big tender inside aft main deck :)
    It's first mission was to the Monaco Boat show (this was a few years back)

Attached Files:

17. YachtForums

World class work Brian! If memory serves, that 212' Burger model was on display at the 2011 or 2012 Monaco Show. Can't remember which year, but I remember the model because the design language was reminiscent of another builder.
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  18. Brian

Brian Senior Member

Thanks!
    Yes 2012 would be the year she was in Monaco. Good memory
  19. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Outstanding.
  20. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

Incredible work as always. I am always thrilled when I see this thread pop back up.