Click for Burger Click for Burger Click for Northern Lights Click for Mulder Click for Walker

| Nobiskrug | 142.1M | S/Y "A" | 2015/17 |

Discussion in 'Nobiskrug Yacht' started by German Yachting, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

what I observed in the video is they appeared to hit the dock at a faster rate than they might have wanted. Not sure if one of the fenders burst but I hope she wasn't scratched in the process.
  2. Gage Rowden7

Gage Rowden7 Senior Member

3. WilsonHasLeft

WilsonHasLeft New Member

Wow. There must be some significant animus between builder and customer for the yard to invoke such a public measure of effectively impounding the yacht. Even if there were some unresolved financial issues, it's barely been two weeks since delivery. Seems more than a bit soon to essentially try and repossess the ship. Do you burn a $400B bridge over $10-20M in disputed fees? To the other billionaires thinking about what yard to pick for their next yacht, do you pick the one that would behave this way? Probably not. Who wants that to do business with someone who's going to air that kind of laundry in public so soon after delivery?
  4. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

OTOH, This may be just one side of a story, let them get out of town to save some face near the boat yard. Don't roll a dung pile in your own yard.
  5. Gage Rowden7

Yea I agree with you... This is interesting. Just kinda like what happen to Venus. I wonder when they will let SY A go?
  6. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

7. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

She has a really nice custom cat tender.
  8. ApreMare

ApreMare Senior Member

Where did you see the tender? Can you please share the picture or the link(might be impossible)
  9. ApreMare

ApreMare Senior Member

I'm amazed Nobiskrug took this route really, why did they deliver the yacht in the first place if there were disputes with change order invoices? Also the guy built the most expensive yacht ever at your yard with a contract that puts the complicated sailing system as an owner supplied item so they don't have to warranty it. Its little money compared to the overall cost of this yacht and I think it could have been resolved much easier. They burnt a very expensive bridge in my opinion.
  10. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

11. ApreMare

ApreMare Senior Member

12. gorgaar

gorgaar New Member

This is indeed a very unusual step by Nobiskrug. But maybe that means that there is a lot more to the story than we know yet. I tried to look closely at the statement that the spokesman for Melnichenko gave to the Gibraltar Chronicle:

“We assumed the matter was progressing to a resolution as Nobiskrug were happy to release the yacht on February 5th to the owner’s project team for further works to be carried out in Spain. The money was paid by the owner the following day into an Escrow account pending a resolution of the discussions.”

Interesting. But was paying the money into an escrow account agreed on with the yard? Or was it, 'we'll pay' and after the yacht was released that promise was 'fulfilled' by escrow? A complicated contractual dispute could take years to resolve while the funds are being held. By arresting the ship both parties should now be equally motivated to find a resolution quickly.
  13. Gage Rowden7

Yes I have to agree with you. They burnt a very expensive bridge indeed.
  14. Gage Rowden7

Well hopefully this issue will be resolved sooner then later.
  15. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

Where are you fellows finding all of these photos?...and why are none posted in this discussion??
  16. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

I think this was in a video, but the general answer is; copyright! You need to have this by taking the picture yourself or obtain the rights from the source. We can not copy/paste whatever we find on the net...
  17. ApreMare

ApreMare Senior Member

18. Hohum

Hohum Senior Member

19. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

I guess the next thing coming is an owner of a yacht claiming you can't take a photo of her and post it anywhere. Do you think a yacht owner should have such a right?
  20. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

I mean if you have the source that is usually good enough but what it comes down to here is that you have to agree to the EULA of the forum to use it whereby the TOS do not allow this. Let's just pass on over this and get back to discussing this interesting yacht.