Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Comfort Click for Walker Click for Westport Click for Abeking

Royal Huisman s/y Twizzle

Discussion in 'Royal Huisman Yacht' started by Yacht News, Jun 11, 2007.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Royal Huisman shipyard has been contracted to build a large 57.5M Ketch rigged sailing yacht by the name of Twizzle. This name may sound familiar because it is the name of the 55.5M Feadship De Vries megayacht. One could assume that this Huisman sailyacht will be for the same owner. One major new feature is that this Huisman will have a flybridge.

With a length of over 55M this vessel can be considered pretty large. Even though Huisman has experience in building larger. This can be seen in the work of the s/y Athena. With a fixed draught of only 3.8M when the moving keel is swivelled in, it provides opportnity to anchor in 'relatively shallow' water. This vessel should be out sometime early to mid 2010. I have been looking for information on the Royal Huisman website but found none. She will utilize the work in naval architecture of the Dubois team.
  2. Mov-it!

Mov-it! New Member

I've seen a drawing in a magazine a couple of months ago, but I cannot find it anymore. Since I read about 5 to 6 magazines per week they pile up pretty fast. If I come across it I'll scan it and post it.
  3. Yacht News

Additional Information...

In addition the s/y Twizzle will be handled and built to an exterior and interior design of Redman Whitely Dixon Design. The Designer website states that she will have a contempory type interior comprising of a number of components. Hand painted fabrics, Silks, Natural Linnens alongside washed oakwood, Weathered wood and brushed Bronze.

http://www.rwd.co.uk/

The Naval Architecture will be done by Dubois Naval Architects.

http://www.duboisyachts.com/ArchitectureAndDesign/
  4. Yacht News

"Twizzle" is nearing launch at Royal Huisman. This highly anticipated yacht is expected to be launched mid-July 2010 and be delivered by very early September.

There is a wonderful new website for this yacht, it is up and running now. Of course not all sections to the site are completed as the yacht isn't completed.

http://www.twizzle.org

Lovely detailed stuff on her stern platform and its secondary and optional functions...

http://www.twizzle.org/download/pdf/SY_Twizzle_Stern_Platform.pdf
  5. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

Looks as though it will finish a very nice boat.

Looking forward to seeing more on the stern platform, as it looks rather impressive.
  6. Yacht News

Scot, she has been launched, am not sure if she is in the water as yet but she is out of the shed and in the open. Right on time actually maybe early as RH did say mid July launch.
  7. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to seeing moreof her.
  8. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Spent an hour going over Twizzle at RH during the HISWA tour. Needed 10 hours. Twizzle will dazzle you! I had dinner with yard director Michael K. and build captain Gordan P. after the tour. It's what you can't see that stands out on Twizzle. A YF review is forthcoming.
  9. Yacht News

Wow, wonderful, thanks Carl!
  10. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

I will certainly be looking forward to that review.

Nothing but the best for us here at YF.

Thanks
  11. Yacht News

Maybe Leveller could kindly provide us with photos of the "Twizzle" loading if he finds it is warranted, it would be nice.
  12. Yacht News

13. Yacht News

Attached Files: