Click for JetForums Click for Mag Bay Click for Abeking Click for Cross Click for YF Listing Service

Royal Huisman - Athena's First Launch

Discussion in 'Royal Huisman Yacht' started by YachtForums, Jun 17, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Norgale

Norgale New Member

Hey SigSplash you are most welcome. Would you have any info on the call sign for the Athena? Pete
  2. SigSplash

SigSplash New Member

3. Norgale

Norgale New Member

Thanks for the link SigSplash. It does show the registration number but what I'm looking for is her radio call sign. Usually three or four letters and then a number.
    You can go to "ship locator" and see the position of all ships that are out on the sea but you can't id a particular ship unless you have the radio call sign. With that you can tell exactly where the ship is at any given time.
    My interest here is that I'm building a model of her to go R/C sailing. If she ever got close to where I live I'd go and take a look at her and get some of my own pictures. Pete
  4. SigSplash

SigSplash New Member

5. PropBet

PropBet Senior Member

6. Norgale

Norgale New Member

SigSplash that's it. I've looked everywhere for the listing but just didn't hit on the right list. The last group I found has 50 Athena's listed and didn't find the right one. Thanks very much for this link. Pete
  7. SigSplash

SigSplash New Member

No problem.
  8. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

I've just seen the photos of Athena being moved from the build-shed.

Those motorised platforms she is on are from a Dutch company called Mamoot (Mammoth). Fantastic machines, they have V8 Deutz engines linked to hydraulic motors and axles that can be linked in multiples of how ever many you need. They are driven by one person with a walk-about remote control.

A Dutch guy I met in Venezuela was moving an oil refinery with a set of them and showed me around all the kit. They even have a super-crane that packs up into 12 shipping containers.

Interesting bits of kit. :cool:

Dave
  9. SigSplash

SigSplash New Member

Those are very effective and efficient. We use them constantly.
  10. EnigmaNZ

EnigmaNZ Member

What a gorgious vessel. Just playing with an image in my mind, removing the mainmast (center), replacing with a couple of staysails between the fore and mizzen, and installing one or two tall funnels to the boilers feeding the two triple expansion engines, what can I say lol. The images of her without her masts reminded me so much of the classic steam yachts of the past.