Click for YF Listing Service Click for Glendinning Click for Mag Bay Click for Delta Click for Northern Lights

Replacing gas shock on Cabo fishbox

Discussion in 'Cabo Yacht' started by CSkipR, Jan 27, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. CSkipR

CSkipR Member

Messed up one of the gas shocks on the fishbox and need to replace. The gas shock size is 9.5" compressed by 15" but need to determine the pounds of compression. None of the older ones have any info left on them. Can get in 20,40 or 60lbs. Any ideas?
  2. Beau

Beau Senior Member

Hey CSkipR

I replaced several on my boat. Off hand I don't remember the brand but if you do a search on the net for 'marine gas shocks' you will find some nice stainless steel replacements. How are those Mans running?
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Call the Cabo parts department, they should have them in stock. If you go with too heavy, it will tear the mounting brackets or their hardware out. If there are 2 gas shocks per fishbox, I would guess 20lb units.....but the shocks come in a lot more varieties than that. 10lb 20lb 30lb etc etc....
  4. CSkipR

CSkipR Member

Mans are running well. Just came in today from an offshore trip. Just expensive to maintain. Thanks
  5. wdrzal

wdrzal Senior Member

Take the good one off place the end on your bathroom scale.unless you have a better scale. Then compress it down fully by hand and read the force/weight on the scale. ;)

Walt