Click for Nordhavn Click for YF Listing Service Click for Perko Click for JetForums Click for Ocean Alexander

Pre-Owned Yacht Furniture Question

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by artressa, May 12, 2015.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. artressa

artressa New Member

Would anyone in this forum know what happens to furniture when the larger boats.....the 100-200 footers, get refitted? Many people just have someone come in whether the boat needs it or not. That other furniture can't just get thrown out. I've looked and looked to no avail and would love some ideas of where to search for this. I need a dining set for mine and would much prefer to get a pre-owned that spend the $$$ for new!
    Thanks Artressa (Carol):cool:
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

I'd have to imagine that it's the same as with their homes. Most likely sold or otherwise disposed of by whomever is doing the decorating. Many things will end up at places like Sailorman's or SAM'S, some things sold on EBay, some donated, some junked etc. I will say that I've never seen a garage sale at a marina.
  3. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

There was a consignment shop in Fort Lauderdale, Mega Yacht Mart. As of May 1, they're no longer in business.
  4. refugio

refugio New Member

In Seattle the store "Second Wave" used to have some pieces from refits - not megayachts but some larger boats. Unfortunately they closed last year. I had some consignment items there I picked up and took to Pacific Marine in Bellingham - they closed a few months ago too after 22 years and moved to an eBay format.
  5. Chevelle

Chevelle New Member

A "dining set" Is not likely to come up for sale. I've never seen one fully replaced. And the scale is "large" and usually custom.
  6. geoedmo

geoedmo New Member

Consignment shops are the most likely place these things end up. These large yacht owners are never hurting pocket-wise, so they'll stick them in consignment shops and wait until the right buyer comes along, not all the time but I'm betting most of the time. After-all it's custom work, was likely expensive in the first place, no sense in junking it.

It's a shame mega yacht mart went out of business though, pretty cool place.