Click for Abeking Click for Glendinning Click for Burger Click for Cross Click for YF Listing Service

Post Rendezvous 2015

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by baltimore bob, Jul 8, 2015.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. baltimore bob

baltimore bob Member

I stopped in Worton Creek last weekend to inquire about it. Soon to be announced for September 11th. I really hope the Mid Atlantic Post owners will consider going. Overkill will make it this year, warts and all. Regardless of what you feel they are doing with the brand, they are nice people with a very pleasant facility in which to spend a weekend. Looking forward to meeting you all!
  2. baltimore bob

baltimore bob Member

Nobody? I know there are Posts on the Chesapeake.
  3. chesapeake46

chesapeake46 Senior Member

Hi,
    We are out of the water at the moment.
    If we get everything back together, we plan on being there.
  4. baltimore bob

baltimore bob Member

On the hard this time of the year? Sorry to hear that, what happened?
  5. chesapeake46

Hi,
    Some overdue maintenance. It's all good though. She will be good as new.
  6. C team

C team Senior Member

I know of 6 Posts on the Sassafras River and only know 1 boat going so far. The rendezvous are getting a little old and people are tired of looking at an empty building where Worton Creek will never build a new post.
  7. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

FWIW, I invited Post to become part of our community, several times, but they never followed up. It's unfortunate because a vibrant community of knowledgeable owners can do more to drive sales then a big marketing budget.
  8. chesapeake46

That is frustrating.
  9. baltimore bob

baltimore bob Member

They are just finding their way I think. May I use this as an opportunity to re-engage them? Is it OK to post a link to the rendezvous?
  10. C team

C team Senior Member

Just finding their way??? Worton Creek purchased the assets of Post in 2011.
  11. baltimore bob

baltimore bob Member

OK then. What's wrong with owners getting together for a weekend? It's a nice facility and they are kind enough to host the event. Maybe "fumbling along" might be better than "finding their way," but what's the harm in attending? Good chance to let them know how the owners feel.
  12. RT46

RT46 Senior Member

This is the second year in a row that I wanted to attend but cant make it due to business conflicts.
    maybe next year.

I did have a pretty positive exchange recently with the "new" Post.
    Maybe things are looking up over there.
  13. baltimore bob

baltimore bob Member

I hear around 10 boats are registered, should be a good time!
  14. 98 42

98 42 New Member

There are 4 of us coming from the sassafras sofar. Trying to get the other guys to join us
  15. C team

C team Senior Member

I think there are about 7 Posts now on the Sassafras River.
  16. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

Post owners are dreamers. Finding their way? No, this is simply a chance to have a large group of boat owners come spend money at their marina.

I did notice on the marina web site the display under projects, "One of the "Best Boats Ever Built" we customize and restore these classics.." They are referring to Bertrams. No mention on their project page of Post.

I did find their title of their newsletter appropriate, "Windbag." I also noticed no mention of Post or the Rendezvous in the July edition.

I admire Post owners and their enthusiasm and applaud them getting together, hoping they have a great time. However, Worton Creek actually doing anything with the Post Brand is not even a dream at this point, a fantasy.
  17. chesapeake46

O.B. , yeah, you have a point, I don't think we will ever see a new Post but I will say this.....
    The "official" and the " non-official" Post rendezvous', over the years, have to happen somewhere.
    We compare notes, oooo and ahh at each others babies, enjoy good food and each other's company.
    My wife and I have been to alot of both types of these events and have met the nicest people some of which have become lasting friendships.

So, yeah, it may be a shameless grab for easy cash at the marina but, we'd be paying some marina somewhere to do the same.
    And at least at Worton we get to see the molds collecting water and servicing the birdbath community ! Not a total loss !
  18. olderboater

I think it's great you are gathering like that and love the Post camaraderie. Just don't want anyone under any illusion Worton Creek is actually going to do anything. Carl's post above was very telling. They've got some of the most loyal, committed, and knowledgeable Post fans here and no interest in them. I think I understand why though. It means they could actually get asked when they're going to do something.
  19. chesapeake46

Sadly, John's answer to that question is that they will build a one when they get an order. Chicken or the egg syndrome.
    Sorry, wrong topic.
  20. olderboater

And sadly my response would be if you can't build a single spec boat then you're not in the boat business. Until your first build, you don't exist. He's never built a boat and yet somehow expects someone to order one or an order fall out of the sky.

Still I do think the Post Gathering is very nice. Post owners and fans amaze me with their loyalty and their love for the brand and they're trying all they can do to keep the brand alive. Hope you all have lots of fun.