Click for Mulder Click for Mag Bay Click for Abeking Click for Northern Lights Click for Perko

Pirates needed in the Caribbean...

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by YachtForums, Jan 28, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Film extras are needed for the next two "Pirates of the Caribbean" films to be shot in the Caribbean. The casting crew is looking for extras/background who could reside and work locally either on land or on their vessel. The film will be shooting for 2 weeks in St. Vincent and 6 months in the Bahamas. Information is available at www.Piratescasting.com or you can submit a photo and information at submit@piratescasting.com
  2. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Wouldn't that just be the most fun ever? *sigh*

Keira Knightley.... *swoon*

LOL
  3. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

For those who feel a little "pirate" in them but can't attend, you too can talk like a pirate on September 19th. It is actually the official "talk like a pirate day". Check out
    www.talklikeapirate.com
    or just do a search. You will find lots of info on this unofficial holiday.
  4. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Argh... I did that last year meself.

Umm... I mean, I did that myself last year, but it was on a Sunday, so I couldn't properly spread the cheer to everyone at work and all my customers on the phone. :)
  5. YachtForums

Whenever anything about Pirates comes up, I can't help but remember the "Pirate Ship" built by Midnight Express and displayed at the 2004 FLIBS. WAY COOL!!! :cool:

If I had a chest of gold coins, I'd have a duplicate commissioned. Triple Merc Verados on the back. Zoom, Zoom! (the sail is the built-in rev-limiter!) :D

For more pics... http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2071&highlight=pirate

Attached Files:

6. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

The paint on that was phenomenal!! Did you notice that the skulls in the gun ports "watched" you as you walked by? Their eyes followed you as you moved.... very neat effect to have been done in 2D.
  7. YachtForums

I was actually at the paint shop when it was being airbrushed. The work was done by Dave Hunter from Invisions, located in Ft. Lauderdale. He was painting my Powerplay for me at the time and I watched him detail the wood grain effect. After it was finished, he commented "no amount of money would get him to do this again". He didn't reveal the exact figures on what he charged to do this, but he eluded to the $50,000 range.

Dave's one of the best in the biz, and..."you get what you pay for".