Click for Delta Click for Mag Bay Click for Perko Click for Abeking Click for Westport

Pictures of My Fairline Phantom 48

Discussion in 'Fairline Yacht' started by T.K., Feb 14, 2007.

1. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

No Carl that wasn't me. It's my actual boat though at her first launch and sea trial. She's the first Phantom 48 to be built. Later she was brought back to the factory for polishing up and some detailing. I bought her but Fairline only signed her off to me today. You'll get a picture of me on the flybridge once I receive her here in Egypt at my first sea trial, I'm more handsome ;).
  2. Codger

Codger YF Wisdom Dept.

Congrats. You are a more patient man than I am. I'd be seriously tempted to go pick it up and cruise it home myself.:)
  3. nilo

nilo Senior Member

Dear TK

Is Nazli the name of your daughter? It is a very nice name and we use it in Turkish as well.

nilo
  4. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

Thank you Codger. I would love to pick her up, but unfortunately I don't have your expertise and skills in boating. Wouldn't make it on my own. I got some plans though for next summer, so some serious learning is foreseen (I hope) ;).
  5. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

Hi Nilo, good to hear from you again :).
    Yes, Nazly is my 5 year old daughter. It is actualy in origin a turkish name.
    So I guess now the boat will be welcomed in turkish waters under this name ;).
  6. Codger

Codger YF Wisdom Dept.

:D I have neither the skills or expertise to do that trip myself. There are relief captains that can be hired so that you can just watch and learn as you go along. Who needs the stress, let someone else that has already done the trip take care of it and then you can enjoy the education.
  7. catmando

catmando Senior Member

Nice boat F430 but please tell me you didn't have real teak installed in her.
  8. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

Thanks Catmando.

It is real teak. Side decks are also done in teak, but you can't really see them in the pictures.
    Teak gives a great look to the boat, also quite practical.
    What's wrong with teak, except that it is a very expensive option ;)?
  9. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

You are ofcourse correct. The boat will most probably be transported to the port of Alexandria in the north of Egypt. Then it is about a 500 mile trip south to where she will be finally moored at the Abu Tig marina just before Hurghada on the Red Sea. I will do this trip with the Captain and it will be my first lesson :).
  10. catmando

catmando Senior Member

Better hire a mate to clean all that teak(or just use your wife :D). Faux teak is lighter(in color), looks better(IMHO) and is much easier to keep clean.
  11. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

We are at the Stockholm Boat Show now and have one boat with Flexiteek next to one with real teak. People can´t say which is the real...!

The price is more or less the same.
  12. GrahamF

GrahamF Senior Member

Hi TK-F430
    Welcome to YF and congrats on the boat she looks beautiful.
    I look after a few Fairline's myself. They are nice day boats. Here in Mallorca we have a couple of thousand Fairline's here. Just make sure to keep the gel coat protected. I usually polish the boats twice a year once before the season starts and once before winter. For the teak I use a teak sealer that seals the teak, so if any of the owner mess wine or food it doesn’t leave any marks on the deck. What are you going to do in the winter?? Are you going to keep her in the water or take her out and winterize her? A few boats here gets taken out and the owners had a cover made for the whole boat. I will send you some photos to show you. If you need any info on products I use please let me know and I will send you a private e-mail. Where are you going to be cruising in Egypt? I spent a few weeks in Egypt and Sinai. I hope you will have many happy hours of yachting.
  13. Crab

Crab New Member

TK - can't wait to see more photos.
  14. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

Hi Graham,

I apologize for not responding earlier. I was travelling over the last 10 days.
    I will keep the boat in the water during winter. Our winters are very mild and pleasant and we do use the boats in winter.
    I will keep the boat in Hurghada, a resort in the south of Egypt on the Red Sea and cruise the Red Sea from there. The Sharm El Sheikh resort in Sinai is only a 2 hour cruise from Hurghada.
    I would be grateful if you can give me an idea of the products you use to seal and preserve the teak as well as the product for protecting the gel coat and polishing the body. I honestly have no idea.
    Thank you again and I hope you make it again to Egypt. We will do the Red Sea together :), onboard a Fairline.

Tarek
  15. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

Transport of the boat to Egypt out of South Hampton was slightly delayed. She will be finally transported on April 1st and arrive in Egypt on April 19th. Long wait!!
    Once she's here, I will take tons of pictures and post them.
    Here are a few pictures of my P48 the Fairline factory sent me about a week ago. She is even coming with her own cutlery and chinaware. I was really impressed.

Attached Files:

16. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

Attached Files:

17. CaptainSilva

CaptainSilva Senior Member

That sink design in the head is awesome...never seen that in a marine application before. Beautiful ride. Good luck!!!
  18. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

Thanks Captain ;).

I agree, the interior IS very modern.
  19. Crab

Crab New Member

Awesome photos!

Great photos! The boat looks great !!
  20. nilo

nilo Senior Member

Dear Tarek,

I know that the climate is very mild, but for the sake of drying the boat, I am always taking her out of the water for at least 3 months during my off season, where I do other things than boating. Although I presume Fairline has a very good hull in terms of resin structure, it is still prudent to dry the hull against osmosis. You will also have a slightly change in the performance as the years go by and a dry hull could make a difference in this connection as well.