Click for Westport Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Nordhavn Click for JetForums Click for Walker

Perini Navi Yacht Tenders

Discussion in 'Tenders & Dinghies' started by Yacht News, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

I've been looking through and thought that it would be nice to compile maybe a thread of the tenders that many Perini Navi super sailyachts have aboard and use. Hope it does not sound like a bad idea to the Admin.

I will start of with the two that i know the best and that is the Maltese Falcon and the Tamsen II

Maltese Falcon has two Pascoe International 10M indrive tenders. The one kept on the Port Bow is the open version and on the Starboard is the Cabin version.
    http://www.pascoeinternational.com/page/range1a

Tamsen II will have smaller Pascoe International tenders. They will be 7.5M indrive tenders. I am not exactly sure how the Tamsen tenders will look but maybe this might be them? the 7M even though they are to be 7.5M. Anyone with more info of pics can add to the thread.
    http://www.pascoeinternational.com/page/rangec
  2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Here is the MF tender in Monaco, and the designer of both Maltese Falcon and the Pascoe tender, Ken Freivokh, is waiting to be transported over to the mothership...

Attached Files:

3. Yacht News

Thanks for the pic Lars. Those tenders are so stylish. I saw them close when the Falcon visited Barbados 3 weeks ago? Beautiful. What about some tenders of the other Perinis in that fleet. Some of the bigger names.. Santa Maria, Squall, Selene!
  4. Yacht News

5. Yacht News

Santa Maria's Tenders

Been doing some more researSanta Mach. I'm learning some more about these tenders and the manufacturers. Santa Maria has a fairly big Duarry 11.95M tender. I believe it is too large to carry aboard so it is either towed or shipped if Santa Maria embarks on long voyages. Its specs are as follows:
    The website for this tender type is:
    http://www.duarry.com/
    I have never heard about this type of tender untill now. I still really do not know what the main tender for SM looks like though... anyone with pics of this.

She has two other tenders, those are carried aboard. A 21 foot Castoldi and a 12 foot long Novraina crew tender.
  6. kalmeran

kalmeran Senior Member

Klosters has a Hinckley T40 (or T44??) as tender ; also too big to carry onboard, but she is always in "her wake"
  7. Yacht News

Yes, she has a Hinckley, i'm not exactly sure of the model but i have seen it.
    Here is a pic of her, named after her 'mother' s/y Klosters.
    http://www.heliphotocarib.com/Bucketregatta2007/IMG05316.jpg
  8. Jack7887

Jack7887 New Member

In reply to YachtLuver :

Maltese Falcon carries also a Castoldi Jet Tender 14 Rescue Boat Tender, which you can see laied on the stern of the yacht.
    Pascoe are normal RIBs, big, powerful and with deep V hull but not designed for tender use.
    Castoldi Jet Tenders because of the seat configuration, the waterjet (developed by Castoldi S.p.A. itself) and the design of the hull are designed for tender use; for carrying many people and for beaching without damages at the propulsion system.
    I agree with when you say that the the Admin should put a thread on the tenders that now are a very important part on the yachts.
  9. Yacht News

Hey Jack7887, Welcome to YF, glad to have you aboard.
    I know that the Falcon carries Castoldi 14 Jet Tender as a rescue boat. I'm a Maltese Falcon buff... and study her in great detail.. and I think her main tenders are great the two 10M Pascoe's. In this topic I was mainly looking at the 'main tenders' onboard Perinis... that's why I did not make mention of the Castoldi Jet in the begining.. but you are keen and swift to make amends for lack of a better phrase...Welcome though again and post more often:)