Click for Perko Click for Comfort Click for MotorCheck Click for Mulder Click for Cross

Parallel Diesel Electric Hybrid

Discussion in 'Engines' started by David Tether, Nov 22, 2003.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. David Tether

David Tether New Member

Parallel Diesel Electric Hybrids

Hello Forum.....I am David Tether....the guy that some of you would like to applaud and others would like to take a shot at. Lately there has been more applause...but I still wear my kevlar vest. Here are some stats for ya...we just had a boat cross the atlantic (Ascores Islands to Norfolk) without using fossil fuel and with all the electricity for AirCon, water heater, instruments, computers, motor sailing, plowing into a 50 knot gale to fix a broken boom comming from regeneration. It didn't burn a drop of fuel. The electric motors were used to produce Regeneration from the propellers when sailing.
    Even when the wind is good there is normally a fossil fuel motor run every day for about two hours to top off the batteries. The new hybrid does not need that. And these are electric motors that are powerful enough to immediately point the boat, a 41 ft Lagoon Catamaran, into a 47 knot wind when the pin holding the boom to the mast broke.
    The boat, previously equipped with twin 28hp Yanmars at the factory, now has twin 12hp Solomon motors and a 15kw generator. It uses 50% less fuel with just motors. When the air conditioners are running, which isn't possible with the traditionally installed motors, it still uses 30% less energy than the Yanmars.
    How can this be? Efficiency....thank you God for simple solutions. It is simple and there are substantially less parasitic losses. Check it out at www.solomontechnologies.com.
  2. trouty

trouty New Member

Megs!

Don't overlook MEG (Motyionless Electromagnetic Generators) for the future David, although I do applaude you for the present system you've developed given the peak oil situation the world currently faces.

Maybe when you have time, do a Google search on Leyton's geometry and methods, and working with his hierarchies of symmetry (or if you'd like i can forward you a copy by email!).

These notes might give you some ideas about where it's all heading..in as far as some of the latest research.

Part 11 follows!
  3. trouty

trouty New Member

pt 11

Of course what this is talking about - is energy from the vacuum (ether) of space.. (more to follow on that subject!)

You know....

60 years ago - if you'd announced "nuclear energy or nuclear bombs" from splitting the atom (Mass), something that was so small - it couldnt be seen with the naked eye - you'd have been locked up in a mental assylum.

Similarly if you'd announced - that man would walk on the moon in only 25 years time - again - the looney bin would have been your home for the remainder of your natural life.

Today - I'm announcing something equally "unbelievable" to you...

That - there s as much energy trapped (or compressed if you prefer) within TIME as there is within MASS.

Now thats a weird new concept that takes some time to get ones brain wrapped around...but given time - it's not such an unlikely prospect.

We should all know that Einstein proposed his Theory of Special relativity, a while after his theory of General relativity.

His theory of Special Relativity we are all familiar with gave us "Nuclear energy".

It was of course.

E = MC ^2 (Energy Equals Mass multiplied by the Speed of light squared).

Not so long ago - "Bearden" quoted above gave us something else about Energy and it's relationship to time.

He gave us this.

E = Δ TC^2 (Energy equals Change in Time, multiplied by the speed of light squared!).

It is possible to resolve mathematically - these two equations to tell us something more... about both Mass & Time! Viz:

If

E = MC^2 (Einstein)

& also

E = Δ TC^2 (Bearden)

Then it necessarily follows that:-

MC^2 = Δ TC^2

Which further resolves (By dividing bioth sides of the equation by C^2) to:-

M = Δ T

or

Mass Equals Change in Time.

This new "Law" confirms what Bearden and Myself have been saying for some years now.

That is - that there is as much energy Trapped / compressed within Time as there is within Mass.

The "amount" of energy (for anyones interested) is 9 x 10 ^ 16 (Thats 90 Thousand Billion Joules) per second. ;)

Soo..

If we manipulate our new Law M = Δ T we can confrm this energy relationship between Mass and Time.

If we divide Both sides of the equation by Δ T we get:-

M/Δ T = 1

ie. There is as much energy in Mass as there is in Change in time. :)

In fact Mass is only highly compressed Time.

Bearden makes this point rather eloquently IMHO.

So - as I've mentioned to you I think once before David - I'd be keeping a eweather eye out for this new energy source and its eventual application in electrical vessel propulsion, were I in your particular field of marine electrical engineering.

Just holler if you want a look at the Leyton's geometry and methods, and working with his hierarchies of symmetry that Bearden was kind enough to send me - Fascinating stuff!

Cheers!
  4. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Solomon Technologies sues Toyota...

(By IBI Magazine/Michael Verdon)

Solomon Technologies, Inc. has filed a legal action against Toyota Motor Corporation in US federal district court for what it claims is an infringement of Solomon's Electric Wheel patent.

The manufacturer of electric marine propulsion systems alleges that the hybrid transmission drive in the Toyota Prius and Highlander automobiles infringes a number of claims contained in its U.S. patent. Solomon is asking for an injunction barring further infringement as well as damages for the unauthorized use of its patent by Toyota.

"We commenced this lawsuit based on extensive review and research including a thorough review by our special patent counsel, Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, P.C., of the basis of our claims," said Solomon President Peter DeVecchis in a statement.

Solomon currently provides propulsion systems for new and retrofit marine applications as well as motors for high volume land-based vehicle and machinery applications.

(13 September 2005)
  5. nano-J

nano-J New Member

ie. There is as much energy in Mass as there is in Change in time. :)

In fact Mass is only highly compressed Time.

Bearden makes this point rather eloquently IMHO.

Interesting concept if you take into effect the theory on Red shift as it pertains to time as an expanding constant. When considering the relationship of earth time in relation to Cosmic time as defined by Cosmic Background Radiation (CBR). Since CBR is the clock of the cosmos, its frequency is the rate at which the cosmic clock ticks. The direct measurable coordinate along the line of sight [into space] is not time but redshift (z)- the ratio of of CBR frequencies at some distance in the past relative to the CBR frequencies observed today.

Interestingly, when plotted on polar coordinates [Jakob Bernoulli] takes the shape of an exponential spiral or Nautilus...... which is the shape of the marine Nautilus.

ooooo ahhhhh!
  6. nano-J

nano-J New Member

Time machines

.... therefore, if we build a yacht powered by a cosmic clock and can manipulate the rate of expansion of Time ( or as Beardon would say, "compressed Time") we would have an endless source of power.

I feel sorry for the cadets trying to figure out the conversions from GMT to CBR and then back to Local Time. Imagine the calculations for Great Sailing?! :eek:
    change in Latitude=
    Dlo=
    z=
    Stand by to warp Scotty..... Whoosh!