Click for Mulder Click for JetForums Click for Burger Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder

Palm Beach Cruise - March 2005

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by YachtForums, Mar 8, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Yachtspotter

Yachtspotter New Member

Rybovich Spencer's webcam is working again.

I recognize Mirabella III, Maridome and Unforgettable.

But, do you know the name of the US product on the left of Mirabella III, and also the yacht on the right of her? More do you know the name of the large ketch who is between Maridome and Unforgettable?

I thank you for your help!

PS : the yacht on the right of Mirabella III (right corner) could be the NQEA Curt C (ex. Eastwind)!? Any confirmation?
    Last edited: May 25, 2005
  2. Michael Bach

Michael Bach New Member

Big Ketch is Santa Maria....you are correct on Curt -C and large M/Y is/was Moonsand. Think you owe me 6 Becks Beers by now!
  3. Yachtspotter

Yachtspotter New Member

Thank you Michael! :) Ok for the beers, next time you will be on the Riviera...
  4. Yachtspotter

Yachtspotter New Member

Michael, I forgot one yacht near Unforgettable. Could she be the ketch Kaori, with just one mast...?
  5. Yachtspotter

Yachtspotter New Member

Rybovich Spencer's webcam is a great toy for European spotters. With it we see a lot of yachts that rarely leave America! Today I think that there are Mirabella III, Curt C, Kaori, Unforgettable, Morgan Star, Atlantica. Maybe Michael could confirm them to us. And by the way, does anybody recognize the yacht stern-to with a blue hull in the bottom left corner of the picture? Thanks for your help!
  6. Michael Bach

Michael Bach New Member

Yacht spotter............you are correct as usual. Blue hull you refer to is a 90' Choey Lee called Continental Drifter.
  7. Yachtspotter

Yachtspotter New Member

Ok thank you Michael ...as usual! :)

By the way, I think that you know very well the US yachts. I'm searching the name of a nearly sister of the Broward Calex, but she has two large satcoms on her radar arch and there is a Jacuzzi on her foredeck... Any idea? This yacht is actually in Newport RI.
  8. ayachtguy

ayachtguy Senior Member

Sorry to sign on late here, but Maridome, as Stefaren, literally broke the Brooke yard in Lowestoft, England. The yard was taken over by Stefaren's owner, Ben LeBow, who had the boat finished and I think one or two more were built before the yard folded. Stefaren was over the edge, with a disco dance floor carpet woven of fiber optics that were tied to the sound system, so the carpet pulsed with the music. He also threw an unbelievable launch party, renting the Concorde to fly his friends from New York, renting the Orient Express to carry them to the boat, and having a fireworks display over London with Stefaren in the Thames.

Re: Defiant, she's owned by Robert McGraw of McGraw Hill fame--see the latest issue of Yachting for a story on he and the boat.
  9. sailronin

sailronin Senior Member

the big older yacht is Mariner, I believe she is a Ted Geary design. Great designer another of his designs is working on adventure charters in Alaska. Spends the part of the year in Port Townsend and takes kayakers to Alaska in the summer.

dave